Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Offline Airplane Mode Prompt On Mobile While Listening to Downloaded Playlist

[Mobile][Other] Offline Airplane Mode Prompt On Mobile While Listening to Downloaded Playlist

Hi there, I took a flight yesterday and was using Airplane Mode, I noticed each time I opened the app would prompt me to switch off Airplane Mode for a better experience. However, I feel like this is a useless prompt if listening to a playlist that is already completed downloaded. Thanks.

2 Replies

Hi @teee,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to add some insights here. The notification you're getting is an iOS prompt that gets displayed when you are in Airplane mode using a streaming service. The pop-up shows the message "Turn off Airplane mode or use Wi-Fi to access data".

However, the prompt cannot be removed or disabled according to the info replied in this thread of their Community page. As this is an iOS notification, we cannot influence its behavior from our app.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have trouble believing that Spotify cannot prevent this popup from showing. I tested out Airplane mode with another streaming app (Apple Music) and didn't experience this popup. Please don't dismiss this issue; it would be great if this could get escalated to someone who could actually take a look at what it would take to fix this.

Suggested posts