Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Force playlists into chronological order on mobile

[Mobile][Playlists] Force playlists into chronological order on mobile

It was this way until a week or two ago, and then suddenly all the playlists on mobile are in.... random order? Possibly by how much playtime they've gotten, it's unfathomable. The problem is that not only is everything out of order, but that playlists from years ago are now at the top, whereas the one made last week that someone actually wants to listen to is nowhere to be found.

3 Replies

Hey there @effervescence,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

We'd recommend taking a look at the steps provided in this Spotify Answer about sorting your playlists. There's also a very helpful Spotify Answer about the new Your Library look that covers any questions you might have.

On another note, we've moved this thread over to our Help Boards.

Let us know how you get on! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey Katerina,

Your solution helped for sorting my Playlists in my library. However, when I'm adding a song to a playlist, the playlist options are still unsorted. Is there a way to change this?

I like the idea of the relevance sorting order. It only gets annoying when I add a song to a playlist in the second spot, go to add a second song, and the playlist has moved into the first spot so I accidentally add the song to the new second playlist. Also when I'm adding songs to a new playlist and it's all the way at the bottom or somewhere in the middle and just not in a predictable location.

Hey @oiman,

Just wanted to jump in here and confirm that the sort order for the 'Add to Playlist' menu is sorted by last added by default.

There's an idea to change this functionality over in the Idea Exchange - make sure to add your vote to it here!

Hope that helps - let us know if there's anything else we can help with 😉

Suggested posts