Mobile Spotify and Discord

Mobile Spotify and Discord

Wheelz951
Casual Listener

Hello, I use Spotify and Discord on mobile and I’m curious why my Discord status doesn’t show me as listening to Spotify when I am listening to Spotify. All of the settings are correct both on Spotify and Discord. I don’t understand

Premium

United States

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Re: Mobile Spotify and Discord

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also would recommend checking this article to connect Spotify with Discord :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Wheelz951
Casual Listener

I tried restarting my device and I even disconnected and reconnected my accounts, and it’s still not working

Hey there @Wheelz951,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend making sure that you're following the steps provided here to try disconnect and connect again Discord with your Spotify account. Then, you'll need to make sure that you're signed in to your Spotify account and Discord on your iPhone device. You can also take a look at this FAQ article here.

It would be helpful if you could give it another try from a different device or the desktop app to see if the issue persists for you.

If you're still having troubles seeing your listening activity when streaming from the desktop app, we'd suggest making sure you're logged in to the right Spotify account. You can also make sure that any relevant permissions are toggled on from both Spotify's and Discord's settings.

Further, if the issue persists when connecting to a different network connection from your mobile device, we'd recommend heading over to this idea and adding your +VOTE

Let us know how you get on :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

DragoCubed
Regular

It surprises me that a "rockstar" is suggesting that you restart your device. No one even asked for your Discord app version. Right now, Discord Spotify integration only supports Android. Please join the Discord Feedback server. 

sh0elace
Visitor

exactly. this problem is annoying 

SUGGESTED POSTS