Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile app looks different on iPhone 5s

Solved!

Mobile app looks different on iPhone 5s

I just downloaded the iOS app for my son's iphone 5s and the app looks different than my iPhone 6.  His only has three options at the bottom of the screen, the Home icon, Your Playlists and Search.

Mine has 5 icons, Home, Browse, Search, Radio and Your Library.

We are running the same version, 8.4.46.736 and both are on iOS 11.3.

Why is this happening?  I have found some threads about possible beta testing, but it does not appear to be the case as the versions are the same.

Please help as the app on his phone is basically useless.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again,

To clearify that, a/b testing and install a Spotify beta app are not the same thing.

There is only limited percentage of users who have A/B tests on their accounts. Nevertheless, in this case, I will pass your feedback to the Spotify team.

And you may make a new account to see whether it has the A/B test or not. Then, if you want transfer all the music to new account, you can contact our support team for that.

Hope that helps 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey, thanks for letting me know!

Spotify is testing new features now. Here's some more information about why you might be seeing different features. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my...

Have a nice day!

Skyniight - 

how do i get out of this and get the app to work the way we want it to?   I really do not like the format and want to get back to the way it was.  

How can i do that or how long will i have to wait befpre i can use the app again?

thanks

Hello again @blackhawksfan,

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, it is not possible to opt-in/out a/b testing.

One of the possible solution is changing country/region which doesn't offer new UI.

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

skynight -

While I appreciate you trying to help, unfortunately I don't believe this is really a beta version issue.

In the community section, it does talk about needing to sign up for being a beta and that there is a specific beta version of the software.

Since i am not using a different version between the two phones, then i have to think it is something else.

I tried to change the region like you suggested, but i cannot do that.

If you could provide some details on how to do this i would appreciate it.

Otherwise, i will need to just delete this account and use a better streaming service like Amazon music or Apple music.  For a company to just cherry pick customers and completely mess up their user experience is rather silly.

Thanks.

On this post, Meredith states at the end that users can contact support if they would like to be removed from A/B testing

Also @blackhawksfan , I am not fully familiar with the framework in which the A/B testing works, but I believe that the version number isnt different between testers and non-testers.

Your best chance is to contact spotify directly here

Marked as solution

Hello again,

To clearify that, a/b testing and install a Spotify beta app are not the same thing.

There is only limited percentage of users who have A/B tests on their accounts. Nevertheless, in this case, I will pass your feedback to the Spotify team.

And you may make a new account to see whether it has the A/B test or not. Then, if you want transfer all the music to new account, you can contact our support team for that.

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts