Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile app suddenly only allows shuffle play

Solved!

Mobile app suddenly only allows shuffle play

Hello, I've been using Spotify (free) for a week or so, and today the iOS app suddenly only lets me use shuffle play. The desktop and iPad apps are working fine, it's just the phone app that's affected, and I've received no notification nor could find any answer as to why this is.

As I understand, the free plan only allowed for shuffle play in the past but that changed recently, plus it's only affecting the iPhone app. I've tried all the usual fixes (re-logging, reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone) but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Plan

Free

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.3

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Lacho236

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Regarding your question, on-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips.

You were able to enjoy the Premium features before, because of a week trial for new accounts. 

You can still play on-demand using a desktop and tablet app, even without Premium Subscription.

Here's an article comparing different Subscriptions offered by Spotify. Take a look if you're interested.

I hope you'll find this useful! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Lacho236

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Regarding your question, on-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips.

You were able to enjoy the Premium features before, because of a week trial for new accounts. 

You can still play on-demand using a desktop and tablet app, even without Premium Subscription.

Here's an article comparing different Subscriptions offered by Spotify. Take a look if you're interested.

I hope you'll find this useful! 

Suggested posts