Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile sync spotify desktop without wifi

Mobile sync spotify desktop without wifi

I have my iPhone with my premium membership. I own an MP3 that isn't on Spotify so I dragged the song into Spotify on my desktop. I can see the track on my iPhone now but it is telling me to sync the two by joining the same Wireless network and choosing available offline in the desktop program.

My problem is my desktop is hard wired. I do not have a wireless capable desktop. What is the reasoning behind the wireless sync only? How can I make this track available on my mobile device without wireless?

13 Replies

I have the same issue, is there no way of using bluetooth or a cable to sync instead?

bumping because this is silly

forever alone

Hey folks!

At least with Android you can transfer tracks via USB.

Just connect your device with USB (I use my Motorola to sharing my lovely Unlimited mobile broadband Internet to my PC at home) and Spotify show my Motorola as device right away in Devices area - here I can transfer my playlists to Offline without need to Wireless Internet or to another Internet connection. Actually I just use one Internet in my smartphone and this works good for me.

android.png

If this does not work in iPhone, this function is unavailable in iPhone. And if so, hands up for Android!

Cheers.

Your solution is still having your PC connect wirelessly to your mobile phone. My PC doesn't have a wireless card whatsoever.

So I guess this is just impossible to do on the iphone huh

Same problem, I used to have wifi but have moved to Uni halls that don't have wifi, after 30 days I couldn't listen to the music I'm paying to have on my ipod because Spotify can't sync files over a usb cable.
What the hell is that? Making it sync over wifi but not cable. Sort it out spotify, your forcing me to iTunes.

This is ridiculous.

You can do via USB it with an iPod, why not an iPhone?

Its not innovative if half of the people dont want to or cant have access to Wifi.

Same problem here, seems daft to leave that option out tbh

Here's what I did to offline sync a song from a computer (no wifi) to my iPhone, while both being on the same LAN:

- Add song to Spotify

- Mark playlist available as offline (as you normally would)

- Open Spotify on your iPhone, and watch as it's added to the "Devices" list on the left sidebar under "MAIN" (this is right above all of your playlists). It's important you don't let your iPhone go to sleep/turn off as it wil disappear!

- Click your device in the list, you'll see the main display changing. The top will have options ("sync all music to this device" and "manually choose playlists to sync"). I chose "manually ..."

- Check the playlist you want to sync. Now it should appear on your iPhone.

Also: I like to make specific songs available offline, not necessarily the entire playlist they're part of. So I have a playlist containing just those individual songs that I can sync in its entirety, but I also add them to other playlists. Then, Spotify will show them as part of other playlists without you having to sync the rest.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Had the same problem and was about to give up ... but then, out of desperation I switched 'Offline Mode' off under settings on Spotify on the iPOD and all of a sudden the device appeared and began to sync ... My iPOD is connected to wifi and with the cable and my computer is hardwired only ... good luck

@deprave wrote:

Here's what I did to offline sync a song from a computer (no wifi) to my iPhone, while both being on the same LAN:

- Add song to Spotify

- Open Spotify on your iPhone, and watch as it's added to the "Devices" list on the left sidebar under "MAIN" (this is right above all of your playlists). It's important you don't let your iPhone go to sleep/turn off as it wil disappear!

- Click your device in the list, you'll see the main display changing. The top will have options ("sync all music to this device" and "manually choose playlists to sync"). I chose "manually ..."

Also: I like to make specific songs available offline, not necessarily the entire playlist they're part of. So I have a playlist containing just those individual songs that I can sync in its entirety, but I also add them to other playlists. Then, Spotify will show them as part of other playlists without you having to sync the rest.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Update for you ... tried again with wifi only on ipod (no USB) and it worked with hard wired computer (obviuosly running off same router as wifi). The thing that did it for me was switching off 'Offline Mode' in settings/playback in Spotify on the iPod. I guess logically that would make sense as with it on the wifi would not connect?

@SteveE wrote:

Had the same problem and was about to give up ... but then, out of desperation I switched 'Offline Mode' off under settings on Spotify on the iPOD and all of a sudden the device appeared and began to sync ... My iPOD is connected to wifi and with the cable and my computer is hardwired only ... good luck

@deprave wrote:

- Add song to Spotify

Hope this helps! 🙂

My network doesn't allow devices to see eachother or something. I was able to get around this by setting up a VPN.

There are a few ways to set up a VPN, you can Google it and try to set one up with Windows, or download software for it. I used Network Connections > File (press alt key to see this) > New Incomming Connection

Suggested posts