Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

More offline sync problems

More offline sync problems

I am beyond frustrated with this issue on my phone.

I am a Premium user, using iphone 5. i have created a playlist and wish to add the song "Charlie Brown" by Coldplay, from the Spotify database. I add it via desktop (Windows), and it appears to sync ok with my phone.

- I then set "available offline" set on both computer and phone.

- When I go to play it on my phone, the song will not play. The album coverart comes up, but the song doesn't load. The song timer doesn't show, it is a -:--. The tick in the green circle is displayed, so my understanding is that it should be able to play.

When I set my phone to online mode, it plays fine.

I definitely have 9GB free on my phone, I haven't exceeded the 3333 song limit. It plays fine on PC, but not my phone.

Help! 

2 Replies

@lanlion wrote:

I am beyond frustrated with this issue on my phone.

I am a Premium user, using iphone 5. i have created a playlist and wish to add the song "Charlie Brown" by Coldplay, from the Spotify database. I add it via desktop (Windows), and it appears to sync ok with my phone.

- I then set "available offline" set on both computer and phone.

- When I go to play it on my phone, the song will not play. The album coverart comes up, but the song doesn't load. The song timer doesn't show, it is a -:--. The tick in the green circle is displayed, so my understanding is that it should be able to play.

When I set my phone to online mode, it plays fine.

I definitely have 9GB free on my phone, I haven't exceeded the 3333 song limit. It plays fine on PC, but not my phone.

Help! 

Hey @lanlion!

Is this issue happening with Charlie Brown only, or are you having an issue playing different songs on cellular data?  

Hey,

I have had it previously with a few other songs as well, but doesn't seem to happen each and every time. Another one that comes to mind is "Forever" by Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne..

I don't have any problems playing the track when my phone is set to online mode, it's when I set it to offline that the problem occurs.

In the end I ended up finding another version of the song, downloading it locally and then uploading it to Spotify that way. But my point is, I shouldn't have to do that! I can do that with iTunes!

Suggested posts