Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Most played songs by artists disappeared

Most played songs by artists disappeared

Hi Spotify,

Before the last update when I searched for an artist and clicked on that artist, the first thing I saw was a list of 5 most played/populair songs by that artist.

With the newest update this disappeared.

Is there still an option where I can see what songs of an particular artist are most played.

Thanks in regard.

Tim

3 Replies

Hey @Tim100,

Glad to see you in our community!

Good question, in fact the new UI update changed many things and you may need some time to get used to it at first.

About the issue in word you are having, they are still there. Just head to the profile of any artist you like and right below the Shuffle Play button you should see some songs and other artists names. Right at the end of it you will notice a white bold text saying "and more". Just tap on it and you will be in the list of most played songs of that specific artist.

Have a nice day 🙂

hi @LorenXK,

Thank you for your answer.

I have found this list also.

But when I make a comparison by for instance Pearl Jam I see in the old lay out:

1. Alive (123.085.591)

2. Even Flow (117.626.679)

3. Black (93.150.802)

4. Jeremy (80.646.545)

5. Last Kiss (55.153.758)

In the new version going to the 'and more' I see the following order:

Can't Deny Me

Alive

Jeremy

Yellow Ledbetter

Better Man - Remastered

Elderly Woman behind the Cou...

Daughter

Even Flow

Last Kiss

Just Breathe

I see this without the amount of times the song is played.

And as you can see the order is not on populairity.

So in the new lay out there is no way when you visit the artists profile to know what songs are the most populair?

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks in forward.

Hey @Tim100,

It is my pleasure to help you out!

Yes, the new UI doesn't display them and won't actually sort an artists songs by the times tha song was streamed. So, at the moment, we can't change that. Spotify is working on a refined verions of Spotify for mobile, with a cleaner UI. We will have to wait to see the ultimate version of it.

However, Desktop apps haven't changed their UI, so it matches yet the "old UI" of mobile versions. Therefore you can still find that artists most played songs, alongside with the numbers those songs were streamed on Spotify.

If you do have any other questions just go ahead and ask, don't hesitate 😉

Hope I was able to help you 🙂

Suggested posts