Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

When playing music on Spotify, songs will -- at random -- skip in 10 second intervals (0:00 -> 0:10 -> 0:20 -> etc). The skips continue to happen even when the song is paused. In one instance, songs switched between 0:00 and 0:01 repeatedly. There is also an issue of Voice Control activating randomly while I use Spotify (constantly activating and deactivating when using the app). I turned on Siri to prevent this issue, but the same thing is happening with Siri. When these moments happen (10 second skipping, Voice Control/Siri), I completely turn off my phone and turn it on again, but the problem persists. There are times when music plays perfectly fine, but the skipping moments are happening more frequently. Help would be much appreciated! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @ang0346, thanks for writing!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date. I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @ang0346, thanks for writing!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date. I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Are you sure that your problem is with Spotify. It could be an issue with your device. I have slightly broken apple earphones and the same thing happens with me. It thinks that the button between the two volume buttons is being pressed or held when it isn’t actually and it often pauses the song, opens Siri or skips ahead 10 seconds. 

Many years later and this just happened to me.
After restarting my laptop, it made no difference.

Maybe it was the Bluetooth headphones, disconnected and nope, not them.

Checked my phone and could see it showing the same 10-second skipping.

Closed the Spotify app on my phone and the issue stopped instantly.

Suggested posts