Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music on iPhone

Music on iPhone

So here is the deal,

I currently have a iPhone 7 with 256GB. It almost has over 70GB of music on it. I may be upgrading to an iPhone X and for the price I might get the 64GB variant. The issue is my music. I already have cut lots of it down to make more space.

I thought I could add music from my library to a playlist, make it available offline and just listen to it on my iPhone. Wich won't work how I want it to. I googled some and found out this may come because you have to WiFi sync? Sadly my desktop only has the ability to be connect via cable. Anything I can do to make this work like how I described it? I tried it with free/premium aswell.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

4 Replies

Hey @GianniVII,

You can add about 10,000 tracks per playlist 🙂 

Is there an issue that happens with this? 

Is there an error message?

Please explain further, so and I can see what to suggest next!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @GianniVII, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

That's totally fine!

Make sure you are on Premium, if not, you can subscribe here 🙂

On your Desktop app of Spotify just navigate to Settings and find Local Files. Add more sources if the music you won locally isn't on the locations listed there.

Once done naviate to Local Files in the left sidebard and you will find all your added songs there. Now just select them all (CTRL+A for Windows and Command+A for Mac) and move them to a new playlist by right clicking and clicking on Add to Playlist.

Note:If you have lots of songs it may take up some time to sync and download on your iPhone.

Open Spotify on your iPhone and go to Playlists section in Your Library. Find the playlist which contains your local songs and hit the … on the top right corner. Just enable the Download option and wait for the songs to start syncing. Let Spotify open and try not to let the screen turn off. 

You can also read this FAQ article for more info in Local Files.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thanks for the fast response!

I did all this, with free and premium aswell. It all goes well untill I open the playlist on my phone. it shows absolutly nothing. Im 100% sure the accounts are the same since the 3 playlist that are there are identical. When I search a random song on Spotify and wanna add that to my playlist I wanna use for all my local music it says there are already 5000 songs added. But once again. I open the playlist and nothing is there.

Thanks in advance

Hey @GianniVII,

This feature is only available for Premium users, so you need to subscribe first to be able to download songs.

As I mentioned earlier if you have a lot of songs and it seem that you actually do it will take time to finish. A tip from me would be to divide them into smaller pieces.

Also, make sure you have enough space on your phone and that you read the FAQ I linked in my previous post.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts