Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music once playable no longer available on Spotify. (Not the first time this has happened)

Solved!

Music once playable no longer available on Spotify. (Not the first time this has happened)

I noticed a song that I played hours ago, is no longer available. When I attempt to play it, I get an error that says 'Track Unavailable'. 

So I decided to look up this album on Spotify, and it seems like songs that were once available are no longer there for this album (only 2 of the 10 total songs from that album are available).

I didn't think Spotify removes songs/albums/artists that were already added to their catelog but it appears so. 😕 This isn't the first time this has happened, but I actually decided to look it up this time.

And yes, I'm a paying premium account holder. Any solutions (besides switching to another provider)?

Suddenly unavailable songs

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately not, and you are right in your post, Spotify never remove content unless there has been a copyright complaint about it. Sadly, content does get removed by labels or content owners either due to changes in licensing agreements or even down to simple things like the content being updated.

Keep an eye on it, you will probably find it reappears.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately not, and you are right in your post, Spotify never remove content unless there has been a copyright complaint about it. Sadly, content does get removed by labels or content owners either due to changes in licensing agreements or even down to simple things like the content being updated.

Keep an eye on it, you will probably find it reappears.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The good news is, you can try looking for this same song instead - it might be in another album or compilation
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

That kind of sucks, but I supposed I'll keep an eye on it for a while and hope that some of my songs come back.

Suggested posts