Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music skipping

Music skipping

Premium / UK / iPhone SE

I’ve uninstalled Spotify multiple times and replaced my headphones. My music is still skipping when I lock my phone. Is anyone else having this problem, even after doing what was suggested in a previous thread (link below)

Ihave streaming quality set to normal, no equaliser set

When the skipping happens:

• Only while locked (keeping me phone unlocked prevents it happening)
  • For downloaded and streaming 
  • Radio and playlists

The only way I’ve found to stop it, is to keep my phone unlocked, ans undocking phone stops the skipping immediately. 

Previous thread;

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Songs-keep-skipping-and-pausing-randomly/idc-p/45405...

2 Replies

Hey @jenniferas, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

That's odd!

Have you tried signing out and signing back in several times?

Try to create another account and sign in to Spotify or if possible try to sign in with your account on another device with similar specs, too?

Also, try using another network connection to see if the issue persits 🙂

I read that you did try this once but could you follow these steps to reinstall Spotify?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer,

Thanks for for your suggestions, I have just uninstalled, and reinstalled and moments after locking my phone it started skipping

I have tried signing out and in again. Although I also know many other people have this problem, including my partner (also on iPhone SE, same versions of iOS and Spotify as me) and my friend who has an andriod 

Spotify version 8.4.62

iOS 11.4.1

Suggested posts