Music stops playing randomly

Highlighted

Music stops playing randomly

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 7

Operating System: iOS 13.6.1

The music stops playing randomly every 1-3 minute, mainly when not in the spotify app or the screen is locked. I deleted all data and did a reinstall and the problem stopped for a week. Then it gradually came back again. Do I have to reinstall every 2 weeks for the app to function normally. It takes an hour to download all my music and podcasts back. Problem happens with power save mode on and off in online and offline mode. Deleting cache doesn’t work. Occurs also when spotify is the only app running in the background. Occurs with bluetooth, wired headphones and the iPhone speaker. If I can’t fix this I will have to buy another music streaming service instead. 

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Music stops playing randomly

Hey there @hannahuseby,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

Apologies for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread.

If reinstalling the app fixed this issue briefly, there might be an issue related to your cache. This can happen when you play music from multiple devices.

We'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices following the steps in this articleLogging out from everywhere is also a good option, as it will force sync your data across devices.

Let us know if this is still happening. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

Visitor

Hi there, 

This is happening to me all the time and its really annoying. Its got so bad I'm nearly stopping using it. 

I've done a clean install on all devices and it's still a problem. 

when will this be fixed? 

Highlighted

Hey @phatpiggypete,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

If a clean reinstall using this guide didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled:

1. Open your Settings menu.
  2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app setting.
  3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone. If afterwards the issue persists, it would help us out a lot if you log in to another device and with a friend or family members account and share if you can replicate the issue. This lets us determine if the root cause of the problem is device or account related.

Keep us posted. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS