Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won’t play I get a message that says safari cannot open the page because the address is incali

Music won’t play I get a message that says safari cannot open the page because the address is incali

I can’t get music to play. It says safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid 

3 Replies

Hi Jc247!

A couple questions for you:

1. Are you able to test it out on a different web browser? Chrome is very reliable from my experience. If you are able to connect in a different one then it's possible Safari has some security settings that need adjusting.
2. Can you use the desktop or mobile Spotify app instead?

Same here. I tried it on a different web browser and it still isn’t working.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch! We'll gladly help you out.

In addition to the steps @Bethany_Dawn suggested, could you also try on two different browsers accessing the web player via a private or incognito browser?

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to check your hosts file for Spotify entries, if you're experiencing this on a desktop device. The steps for Windows can be found here and for Mac bellow:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If the issue persists, leave a comment with the model and OS version of your device, as well as your Spotify app version. This is very helpful for us, when identifying the root cause of the problem.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts