Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't stop playing when screen is off and phone is locked

Music won't stop playing when screen is off and phone is locked

Today, after I just updated the app to the latest version, there’s a seriously annoying issue.  When the music is paused and I lock my phone, the music starts playing.  I have to completely force close the app so that it does not play anything while my phone is locked and the screen is off.  Seriously, after EVERY update you all have been doing the past several months, I experience problems with UI or functionality.  I’ve been using Spotify Premium for YEARS and I have never had so many problems in a short amount of time.  Please get your act together. I’ve been considering just moving on to a different service. 

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone Xs

7 Replies

I have the exact same problem and it is seriously annoying.

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

iPhone Xs

I thought I was going crazy! It just started doing this yesterday, and now I see that the iOS app was updated then. I listen to spotify at night playing via my iPhone, and I'll experience this bug when I try to stop music playback in the morning....however, I also play Spotify via Bluetooth in my car, and I haven't noticed this issue when stopping playback after turning the car off.

Nevetheless, an annoying bug. Have to force-quit the app to stop music from playing when it occurs.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone Xr

Same it’s really starting to annoy me now. Anyone find a fix?? 

Indeed very annoying. Hope they fix it soon.

Same thing is happening with me  😞 wth fix this issue

I’ve been experiencing the same issue over the last month or so and found the only (*temporary*) solution was to uninstall and reinstall the app. Issue started up again a few days later. Really don’t want to have to uninstall and reinstall every single time 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️ (iPhone XR)

I have had this exact same problem on and off for a while now. Hope they fix it soon as it’s getting very annoying

Suggested posts