Free

Country

Australia 

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.4.7

My Question or Issue

This problem started around last month, I was listening to Spotify through my AirPods trying to sleep when I noticed annoyingly that my sound kept cutting out, the song kept playing but the sounds dropped in and out in a fast rate. I have tried re installing the app multiple times, and restarted my phone and made sure it had its updates up to date, I've even tried making my phone forget my AirPods and connecting them again and nothing has worked. It is starting to get on my nerves because no other device is affected just this one. Please help me I don't know what to do anymore at this point.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys! Thanks for the help I forgot to let everyone know but the problem was actually a part in my phone that is used for Bluetooth and wifi connection so I just replaced it and it worked like new! I have upgraded my phone tho haha thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @STAY_Graceful, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Let's take a look.

It seems like you have an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.7 based on what you said on your original post correct?

Also, what version of AirPods do you have (AirPods (1st gen), AirPods (2nd gen), AirPods Pro)?

And does this happen when you're listening on a different app (YouTube for example) using the AirPods?

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So my airpods are 1st gen, and after experimentation my airpods do drop out on other apps such as youtube and instagram, but not nearly as fast as the rate it does on spotify.

Hey @STAY_Graceful

Thanks for the details.

I've checked on Apple's support site to make sure that the AirPods you have are compatible with your iPhone 6, and it seems like it is. 

Let's try disconnecting the AirPods on your iPhone by going to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the "i" icon next to your AirPods > Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.

Once you do that, restart the iPhone. After you have restarted it, go ahead and connect your AirPods again following these steps

If the issue persists, let me know if this happens only with those AirPods, and let me know if this happens when you use the built-in speakers in your device to listen to songs or if it happens using any other headphones. Also, make sure that your iPhone is up to date. You can make sure by going to Settings > General > Software Update. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi, @Billy-J

thank you for your help so far but we have yet to reach a solution. I made my phone forget my airpods then restarted it and when i went to connect them again the prompt did not appear in my home screen so i had to connect them through settings. I tested it after the re-conection with no avail. I can confirm that my phone speakers produce music clearly but when it was paired with my mum's galaxy buds the same problem arose. I am starting to think that it may be just my phone and that's kinda annoying.

Hey @STAY_Graceful,

Thanks for trying those steps and I appreciate you trying this out on a different device. 

Since this is happening with other apps, and it happens with different earphones as well, then I'd recommend getting in touch with Apple Support. You can get in touch with them here

If you want, you can reply here and let me know what the outcome is, but Apple should be able to take it from here. 

I hope everything gets back on track soon!

Have a great day ahead 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

the app is just bad that’s why it’s a year later and my brand new iPhone 12 and new AirPods disconnect all the time. I dont know what they did but it doesn’t even stay consistently to my car it’s honestly beyond tedious the issue is family wide. If they is an actual solution I’d love to hear it. 

Hi @john_mk,

Thank you for posting on the Community.

To start, please let us know if you've tried the steps shared by @Billy-J

Also, is this issue happening only with Spotify, or other apps as well? 

Lastly, try disabling the automatic ear detection feature, to test whether your AirPods work better without it:

1. Open Settings > Bluetooth on your iOS device.
  2. Tap the i next to your AirPods, then turn off Automatic Ear Detection.
  3. Test the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes!

Maria_BModerator

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Marked as solution

Hey guys! Thanks for the help I forgot to let everyone know but the problem was actually a part in my phone that is used for Bluetooth and wifi connection so I just replaced it and it worked like new! I have upgraded my phone tho haha thanks for the help!

Hey @STAY_Graceful

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have this issue and disabled the ear detection. I've also made a topic about it too. Please help

Hey @AirPodsProConnection,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To keep investigating your case, could you confirm the troubleshooting steps you've done so far? This will prevent repeating processes that you may already did.

Also, would you mind including the OS version and Spotify version you're currently running on your device in your next response?

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After about 2 seconds of playback, my Airpods disconnect from my watch. When trying to play content downloaded to my Apple Watch, I select a playlist (downloaded or not), hit play, select Airpods, and a song starts playing. After 2s the Airpods disconnect (audio cue is played in ear, and the bluetooth menu shows them suddenly as disconnected) and the song stops playing. This occurs when connected to my phone or disconnected.

Suggested posts