Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Library looks like free library

Solved!

My Library looks like free library

For some reason, my library suddenly looks like the free version even though i have premium. Is there a way to fix it? I redownloaded the app earlier today and it worked but soon after it went back to the way it is now  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that a new version of Your Library is being rolled out on mobile devices, so make sure to keep your app updated!

To find out more about how it works, just head over to this Spotify Answer. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

My Issue

My "Your Library" tab looks like the free version described here https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/the_basics/what-is-your-music/, no "Songs", "Radio stations" or "Local Files" options, even though I am subscribed to Premium.

There are no ads, I can download songs and the desktop client has all the premium options available, it's just an issue with the Android client.

I already tried: restarting app and device, logout, clean re-install

@Aftermate

That's weird because that's the library interface for free users. Can you ask him/her to do a clean reinstall. If that doesn't work please let me know.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period.

Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device, and keep your app updated at all times.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Dear Peter, 

Can you guys think about not doing this? 

Dont you have alpha and beta testers for a reason? 

I miss having a fully fucntional app. 

I may sound spoiled, but why am i paying for a service that randomly takes away functionality from me? 

It kinda sucks a lot. 

Sorry to be so negative. 

But I miss my spotify app that feels like a premium app instead of whatever this is. 

You have no competition. 

So you are not losing a customer. 

But I will mention this in my review on google play. 

Nothing personal and probably no one will see it, 

But I'm pretty miffed about this. 

Hey @wongboy22.

Thanks for your honest feedback - we appreciate it!

We'll make sure it gets to the right folks at Spotify.

Take care 🙂

Hi peter is there any fix to this yet?

its very annoying paying this for this and not even being able to use it the way i intend to 😕

Hey @stiqqyjames.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot showing what the exact issue is?

Once we have that, we'll be able to look into it further.

Thanks!

Hi peter the songs are blacked out even tho i own premium

It randomly swapped from the premium version one day last week and its very annoying

the songs shuffle but i haven't noticed ads

Screenshot_20190217-145034.png

Hey @stiqqyjames.

It seems that the issue you are experiencing (songs being greyed out) is different to the subject of this thread (changes to the Premium interface).

Would you mind searching the Community for the relevant thread and, if you don't find one which address your isse, creating a new thread in the relevant help board?

Thanks! Take care 🙂

Mine too. Android 9. Pixel 3. Premium family. I cleared cache. Uninstalled. Rebooted my device. Reinstalled. It didn't come back with the correct tabs. 

Screenshot_20190318-232702.png
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that a new version of Your Library is being rolled out on mobile devices, so make sure to keep your app updated!

To find out more about how it works, just head over to this Spotify Answer. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Suggested posts