Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My 'Local File' music are not in the playlist I created on my iPhone!

My 'Local File' music are not in the playlist I created on my iPhone!

So I downloaded some music on my desktop and moved those files over to the Spotify Local Files area. They work perfectly normal on my desktop, however when I goto my iPhone to open up the playlist, there's nothing there. It says "Want to add songs to this playlist" instead of my local songs. The songs are there in my playlist on my desktop but not the playlist on my iPhone. 

6 Replies

Hey @Yet, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

When on that playlist you created for the local files in your phone just tap the … top right corner and tap Download which will enable the option to download those songs.

You can also check this support article to learn more about local files.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thank you so much for the reply and help! But it seems that it just doesn't work. I've tried everything from resetting the app, to closing it, to removing the app; to resetting my phone! I've added source from my desktop and it's fully functional there on my computer but sadly not here on my phone. Wouldn't the local music appear right away at an instant if everything was functional? What seems to be the issue here?!

Hey @Yet,

That's my pleasure!

Did you check the support article that I linked?

It's important that every single necessary step there is fulfilled for this to work.

Have you tried enabling Download in both your phone and you PC?

Let me know how that goes 🙂

I’ve did everything on that article. Same WiFi, same account, latest firmware, etc. I’ve did all that but to no avail. I am also premium just a side note. But the local music still doesn’t show. 

Hey @Yet,

Sorry that didn't help 🙂

Could you try adding just one of your local files on a single playlist and see if it's able to download on your phone?

Please let me know how it goes.

Still no hope. I really appreciate your effort to helping me! However It's okay! It's not the end of the world! Hope it will work in the future though. For now, I'll be watching over it. Please be safe and stay frosty!  (◠﹏◠✿)

Suggested posts