Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify Stops Playing Everytime I Get a Snapchat Notification

My Spotify Stops Playing Everytime I Get a Snapchat Notification

This Just Started Happening this Morning But Everytime My Phone Receives A SnapChat Notification But Music Stops Playing I Am Running iOS 11 On A iPhone 7 Plus And The SnapChat Is Up To Date I Am Also A Premium Customer 

My First Thought was That Some One Else Have Been Using Because Occasionally I will Allow One Of My Friends To Use My Spotify account But That Wasnt The case 

Edit 12-9-17: I’ve Had An iPhone X For About A Little Over 2 Weeks Now And I’m Still Having The Same Issue I Had On My Other iPhone

125 Replies

My music stops playing if I even go in the app, I listen to music nearly
24/7 so it would be impossible to avoid contacting anyone. It’s gotten to
the point where if I get a text or facebook notification the music stops
too.

I have this problem to! So annoying 

I have the same probleme. I did not find solution. I go to leave comment on the snapchat appstore and send message to the snapchat support. If you do the same probably Snapchat update a corrective Maj.

Close snapchat you will still get the notifications but it won’t shut your music off every notification so everytime you close your phone or go to a different app close snapchat

Go in to Settings, find Snapchat and turn off "Camera", close Snapchat and open it again. You will get a error saying you need to turn on camera to continue, do that and it should work as regular again.

Same issue, however for me a Snapchat notification stops any media playback. Very annoying when trying to work or work out to music. I have an iPhone 7 Plus and all software is up to date. (11.2.1) please fix this issue it’s making Spotify unusable

Nope still hasn’t for me

If you turn off the sound from your notifications, the issue stops. 🙂

Happens with the iOS Podcasts app, too. It has to be a Snapchat problem. I tweeted about it to them and they just thanked me for my input.

i’m having the same problem but putting my phone on do not disturb mode seems to work as a temporary fix!

I’m on 11.2.1 and ever since I downloaded it my music started having issues

I had the problem before 11.2.1

Resetting my phone seems to have worked for me. 

-For iPhone 6S and older, hold down the Home button (round button under screen) and the lock button (the button you use to turn off the screen) at the same time for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo. Let go of the buttons when you see the logo. 

-For iPhone 7 and newer, unplug your phone if it’s charging. Power off the phone (7 and 8, hold down the lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. To shut down the iPhone X, quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Side button. Your phone will show a “slide to power off” bar at the top. Slide that, and it will turn off your phone.) Leave it powered off for at least 60 seconds. Plug it in to a charger. Should see the Apple logo appear on the screen. 

I did this method yesterday and haven’t had any weird audio interruptions since, though no guarantee that it’ll be permanent. 

Good luck!

Been happening to me for over a month. Spotify, YouTube even if I get a snapchat when my alarm goes off it pauses and I miss it. So annoying.

Turn off your restrictions on settings...restrictions doesn’t allow you to multi task ig, but that worked for me

settings>general>Restrictions>disable restrictions 

Just swipe up and press play from the menu with Snapchat open and it fixes the issue

I have the same problem (iPhone 7p, Spotify premium), it seems like it is actually a problem on Snapchat's behalf. To temporarily fix it, I've turned off the notification sound in settings. For IOS, go to settings - notifications - Snapchat - sounds - select/swipe them off. You'll still receive your notifications, you just won't hear the sound. This will prevent music from stopping with every snap, but it may not prevent it from stopping while opening the app or a message/story.  

Everybody experiencing this problem needs to go on the Apple website and have a 5 minute conversation with one of the “Genius’” who will file a report. The more reports they receive they will try to fix. This is not a snapchat problem - it is definitely an IOS issue

I have an 8+ and I am having the same problems. Nearly any notification I get pauses my music. I'm at the point where I want to get rid of spotiy. I love it but I can't listen!! 

Delete snapchat then get it back, it worked for me

Suggested posts