Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My iPhone 6S Spotify connected to a random unknown desktop?

My iPhone 6S Spotify connected to a random unknown desktop?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Just want to report a presumed bug.

I was walking to school in San Francisco at 9:00 PM PST 3/16/2019, right? Opened up Spotify halfway there, and I got a message pop-up saying something along the lines of "Spotify is currently connected to desktop. (options) Continue listening on desktop. Listen on this iPhone"

Truth be told I was very confused. First of all, I have not connected a Spotify account on desktop here in San Francisco. The only desktop Spotify I'm connected to is in Guam, which is almost 6,000 miles away from here.

I have Spotify on my iPad mini - but I had that iPad mini with me, and I highly assure it was not connected to the internet at that time this happened. (I live alone, so no behind-the-scenes pranks)

I open up my iPhone Spotify, and once I closed that message, I got a bunch of Algar Pool songs. One of them, Carmen, was already a quarter of the way through, despite me obviously not listening to it before I opened my phone. I don't even know who Algar Pool is or why I have a entire album downloading on my Spotify all of a sudden.

Haven't checked in full detail, but it doesn't seem that anything else is changed or added within my Spotify.

Anyways, I just wanted to report that as a potential bug, because it scared me a little bit. Thanks for your time!

53862983_459093707963831_3844369679837560832_n.jpg
54358221_845327435818024_213107399530119168_n.jpg
1 Reply

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.1.4 and probably trying a clean reinstall of Spotify 🙂

Thanks!

Suggested posts