Premium

Country

Norway

Device

iPhone 12 pro

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

When I play music it stops after 30 seconds every time. I have the same issue on my computer, Ipad, and iPhone. If I change into the offline mode I can listen without any problems, but as long as I am online it happens. I have tried to remove the catch, reinstall, remove the discord connection, and remove all devices from the account and nothing has worked.. Any other ideas?

7 Replies

Hey there @tbremnes,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If it doesn't make any difference, can you let us know if this happens when using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have tried everything absolutely nothing works 

Hey @Sublimm,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If the issue persists after the reinstall, could you include in your next response the make, model and OS version of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running? This will give us a better look to help you further.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Since today I encountered the same problem (pausing after precisely 30s) in the web player.

I installed the Desktop App (on Windows 10). I have never had the app on this computer before and got the exact same behavior. 

Please do not give me the text block with steps to do a fresh reinstallation. My installation could not be fresher.

Then I followed advice from another (of the many) threads on the same issue: In Settings - Social, choose "Private Session". This resolves the issue of playback stopping after 30s. 

However it is not an acceptable workaround for me. 

To conclude: There are plenty of very well documented complaints about the same very specific issue. I just demonstrated is NOT resolved with a Clean Installation of the Desktop App. Could the moderators please stop wasting user time with reinstall instructions and help us find out what's actually the bug? And then fix it?

Hey @omegndorph,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Since we couldn't reproduce the issue on our end, we'll need your help to narrow down the possible cause. Would it be possible to test this with a different internet connection (preferably by a different provider)? Also, can you think of any particular changes in your setup that occurred prior to this issue like a Windows or driver update?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hello,

there is a known issue, documented in other posts that Spotify stops every 30 seconds when using Discord or sharing screen with Discord, however, I have a Premium Duo account and don't use Discord or have it installed on any of my devices. My issue is that my Spotify player stops when my son uses Discord on his devices and he uses his user name which doesn't make sense! We both have individual member names within the same Premium Duo account. Any explanation to this?

Hey @TwoQ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This shouldn't happen with two separate accounts as described. This is why the first thing to do here would be to check which account is logged in where and make sure both of you are using your own accounts.

Logout from both accounts and then use the email addresses of the accounts to log back in.

Let us know if this brought any change,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts