Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 7

ios 14.4

My Question or Issue

musics stops playing every 30 seconds

I already tried a clean install but that doesn’t work. How can I fix this problem?

23 Replies

Hey there @evdv001

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

Would you mind letting us know if you notice any difference when you log into your account using a different device?

We'd also recommend giving it a try using another internet connection to see if the issue persists. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue does not appear on a Android device and on my iphone it does not appear all the time. I will keep track on the situations when the issue occurs.

Hey @evdv001,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The troubleshooting done so far indicates that the root cause of the problem is related to your iPhone. Could you check if you have Background App Refresh on? You can check this by going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh.  Try toggling this setting on /off for Spotify and let us know if that made a difference. Make sure to restart your device after each change.

Also - did this start happening after a specific event, such as installing a new app or update? The more info we have on when this happens, the quicker we'll be able to find a solution.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks Mihail,

I have changed this setting and this seems to work. I had no issues anymore today! The issues started after my upgrade to the latest IOS version.

Hi @evdv001

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're happy to hear that everything is now working as it should. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello, I am having this exact same issue and I’ve tried everything recommended in the comments and deleted and redownloaded the app multiple times, restarted my phone, cleared out even more space in storage, etc… it still freezes up and stops playing every 30sec.

Hey there @AcrylicSouls,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what device you're using?

- Device model, OS version

- Spotify version

Keep us posted, we'll do our best to help.

AlexModerator

I have the same issue. In my iphone (iphone 11 software version 15.5), but also in my son’s Android, and also from the website.
And it happens despite what headphones or sound system i’m using.

i’m desperate. i’ve tried everything suggested in the troubleshooting.

yesterday i tried the switching off the autoupdate of the app and restarting the phone. It worked fine afterwards, and i was so happy. But today the same thing.
Pls help! 

Hey @Sananos,

Thanks for joining the thread!
Have you tried the steps, provided by @Mihail?
They are worth looking into, especially since your OS version is up to date.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

VasilModerator

No. I don’t have discord. This solution cannot apply to me.  I still have the same issue. I’m very **bleep**. I cannot be just me. Spotify is not working. I’d cancel my account but there is no other similar service. FIXE IT PLEASE! 

Hey @Sananos,

Thanks for your last reply. 

Could you open Spotify and in the app's settings tap Storage > Delete Cache. Next, head to your device's Settings, then tap General > iPhone Storage > Select Spotify from the list of apps > Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept. Tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store. 

Let us know if this works.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

It worked! Thanks!

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8. Spotify stops after 20 seconds in when my phone goes to sleep mode. Have tried the above options. Any advice

Hey @LChallis,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Just to confirm, do you have an SD card installed on your mobile phone? 

On another note, is this happening on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check. 

Make sure you don’t have any pending updates for the device's OS or the Spotify app. 

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

Hi, I've had this same problem happening to me for about a month now, I've talked to multiple people in Spotify and all they do is sign me out and change my email. I've tried everything, and all they've done is fox it for half the day because it starts acting up again later in the day. Please I'm already tired of having to talk to new people every time and for them to do nothing. Please help

Hey @cailub,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share some device setup details with us like brand/model and operating system? Have you tried a clean reinstall of the app as described here?

The music consistently pausing after a certain time leads me to believe this has something to do with the battery/memory optimization settings on your phone. Could you check if Spotify is set as an exception there?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

So i have the same issue, alhough if it happens on my phone it also happens on my Computer at the same time, it appears every 30 second on every device i am using.

My phone Samsung 21S 

Computer Chrome book

Stationary Computer Windows.

the solutions you've given does not help.

Hi there @Denniskubach,

Thank you for your post in this thread and for the provided information. This seems odd so let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

On another note, can you have someone log in with their account on your device to see if the issue persists - such as a friend or a family member? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey!

Each 30 seconds the musics stops on all of my devices.

An Iphone 11

A windows computer

A macbook 

So then I called my family since I don't live with them and they have the same problem, which should mean that it is not an internet issue but more of an account issue?

Suggested posts