Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlists is empty on my phone but not on my mac

My playlists is empty on my phone but not on my mac

Hi! I have a problem with my iphone. I deleted the app but it still didnt work.

I can see the playlists on my computer but on my iphone it says empty, like there is no song at all in some playlist, very strange! 

Please help me! Want to listen to my music when im outside to! 😕

9 Replies

are you using the same account on your Phone and your Computer?

I have been experiencing the same problem with my playlists - if I make changes to Spotify playlists on PC/laptop, those changes won't appear on devices (IOS; Android, Onkyo AVR). If I create a new playlist, and past up to 30-40 tracks into it, that playlist will aprear on devices and will have the correct tracks, if I paste anything above that amount of tracks, the playlist shows up empty on my devices, even though it appears populated on PC/laptop....

Hey there  Slava and very warm welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Thanks for your question.

Clean re-install should help with issue.

Let me know if this solved your problem or not today.

If any problems with Spotify in future, just come back and let me know. I will help you.

Greetings,
Jyri

I uninstalled the app, and reinstalled it, but this didn't fix the problem and this is really annoying. Any other suggestions?

We where investigating this earlier in the super user chat. 

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify. 

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That worked thank you so much!!!!!!

Same problem here. This solution works, but maybe it's time for you to fix this issue???

@Zebbie79 wrote:

Same problem here. This solution works, but maybe it's time for you to fix this issue???

Hearing rumours this is fixed in client version v0.9.1.x which is currently rolling out accross the Spotify network. 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Still not fixed as of v0.9.4.169, at least not for me. My favorite playlist on my desktop used to work great on the iPhone but a few months ago started showing that it only had anywhere from 0 to 18 songs in it (varied from time to time). Oddly, all the songs showed up there, but some were grayed out when they used to not be (and I do have "Hide Unplayable Tracks" On in the phone) -- I can easily search for and play these songs elsewhere in Spotify, just not in my playlist. The playlist is and always was fine on the desktop. Have been copying the songs over to a new playlist on the desktop as the only solution so far....

Suggested posts