Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My podcast takes forevet to start playing and stops and starts randomly!

My podcast takes forevet to start playing and stops and starts randomly!

Whenever i play Joe Rogan podcasts it takes forever to begin, and when it starts playing it stops randomly. Sometimes it works, but only after it has stoped and started several times! I also cannot go out of the app, because then it stops for a while before playing again. But when re-entering the app it stops again. This only happens with Joe Rogan podcasts, the music plays and toget podcasts works. I have turned on and off my cellphone several times, and deleted and re-uploaded the app. Still the same.

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.4

8 Replies

*It’s supposed to say that other podcast works! Not toget podcast..

Hey there @Jolonden

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Just to confirm, did you make sure to follow these steps when reinstalling the app? This can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the same thing happens when you log into your account using a different device?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Update* It did work, but now one day later it is the exact same!
Also! How do I change the solution i accepted to not the solution?

Hey @Jolonden,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The fact that a clean reinstall solved the issue, albeit temporarily indicates that something is interfering the app's cache. Could you make sure that Spotify has all permissions enabled and is excluded from any battery optimization services? It's also a good idea to check if Background App Refresh is turned on for Spotify.

If none of these do the trick- did you have the chance to try another device as @Novy suggested?

As for your other question - you should be able to unmark a post as a solution by logging on to the Community and selecting that option from the three dot menu next to your post.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Everything in the settings is as it should be regarding Spotify. Nothing should interfere, however, I have noticed that whenever I disconnect from the wifi thats when my problems begin. As soon as I go on 4G the app has problems, but only with Joe Rogan Podcast, which is strange as I have given spotify full access to use my 4G in the settings. I tried my girlfriends phone and there I have no issues. 

Hey @Jolonden,

Thanks for the info.

Here are a couple more things you can try:

• Create a new account and see if you experience the same buffering issues on your device.
  • Try downloading the podcast episode for offline listening and check if it plays normally one downloaded and you've switched on Offline mode from Settings.

The issue with video podcasts buffering for some users on certain devices has been reported and the dev team is working on it, however we don't have any official info on when or if it's going to be resolved.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Hi!

So i did try to dowload an episode, but its the same no matter what. The only thing that is certain is that when Im connected to the wifi, i can play Joe Rogan podcasts. However, I cant play the dowloaded episode when Im connected to the wifi.. I have to search it up and find it in the searchbar, then I can play it.  I did create a new account, and there everything was fine. So it is something disturbing the specific account.

Hey @Jolonden,

Thanks for the reply.

If everything works fine on the new account, you can follow this Guide to transfer your music collection over. We'd recommend to use the new account for a few days, just to be sure that you can stream the podcast normally.

Sometimes Spotify accounts get broken and certain features stop working as expected, so the best solution is to create a new one.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator

Suggested posts