Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify account keeps displaying FB pic and name despite is already unlinked. How can I fix it?

Solved!

My spotify account keeps displaying FB pic and name despite is already unlinked. How can I fix it?

I have created my account via spotify. After this I linked it to my facebook account, and then decided to unlink it. Despite is unlinked, fb deactivated and cleared cache in my devices, iOS, android, iMac my facebook name still is displayed in my spotify apps.

I also have it in my PlaySation3 but havent deleted cache there.

My spotify account is "manestry".

Please really need help. Its becoming annoying. Let me know if you need more details.

I already tried deleting apps from my devices, cleared cache, disconnect from all devices via spotify.com webiste and the issue persists. My Facebook and pic is still displayed in the bottom left side pane of the apps despite is unlinked.

Maybe it is still retreiving/populating the data wrongly from spotify akamai servers and havent been replicated correctly yet and its needed for my spotify account to clear cache on spotify servers side. Maybe thats the issue.

Will appreciate a lot your help on this.

Kind regards!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I asked a team mate about it to confirm what I thought.
It may take up between 24-48 hours for cache to clear on Spotify's server (including Facebook avatar and name).

I'd suggest you to wait 48 hours (from when you disconnected your account from Facebook). If it's still showing after 48 hours, please let me know so we can continue to look for a way to solve this for you.

All the best and happy Spotifying!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Well previous it indeed needed some time to clear on Spotify's servers. I'll ask around if this is still the same thing. 

I'll get back to you soon! 

Have a nice day! 

Thank you Michael, I will appreciate your help if you find something around. Best regards!

Marked as solution

So I asked a team mate about it to confirm what I thought.
It may take up between 24-48 hours for cache to clear on Spotify's server (including Facebook avatar and name).

I'd suggest you to wait 48 hours (from when you disconnected your account from Facebook). If it's still showing after 48 hours, please let me know so we can continue to look for a way to solve this for you.

All the best and happy Spotifying!

Ok Michael, sounds good. I'll wait until the cache gets cleared and data refreshed. I will let you know what happens in the next 48 hours. Thanks a lot sir. I appreciate your help. Best regards.

Suggested posts