Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify only plays one song and then stops on my iphone!!

Solved!

My spotify only plays one song and then stops on my iphone!!

Hi there! I didn't found a similar topic so I start a new. 

My spotify on my iphone really sucks!! For about 2 weeks now it has been bad! After listening to a song it stop, and wont play the other song, I have to skip the next song before it will play, anybody else how have tried that, or know how to make it work?! /:

- Love Jean  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi guys,

There are two possible solutions to try if your playback is stopping after every few songs. They are both reasonably quick and easy. So if one does not work, give the other a go.

1. Restart the device

2. Switch to a different streaming quality.

Spotify app » Settings » Stream

If it is set to "High quality", try out "Low bandwidth" (or the other way around).

Once you have played a few tracks, you can then change the setting back again.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The first solution didn't work, but the second one did. Thanks!!

View solution in original post

23 Replies

I'm having this problem too! It's so frustrating!! It's been happening for a little over a week. It often used to take a while to load the next song, but now it's just not playing it at all.

I was at my friend's pool this weekend and his girlfriend was complaining about the same issue. We discussed downgrading if it's not fixed. There's no reason to pay $10/month for something you can't use. I'm reinstalling the app now, so we'll see how it goes.

Matt

No dice. Still only playing one song. This needs to be fixed soon. I've already paid for June, but if it's not fixed by then I'm gonna downgrade. I hope that it gets fixed before Bonnaroo next week because I'd love to be able to use it for the trip.

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

There are two possible solutions to try if your playback is stopping after every few songs. They are both reasonably quick and easy. So if one does not work, give the other a go.

1. Restart the device

2. Switch to a different streaming quality.

Spotify app » Settings » Stream

If it is set to "High quality", try out "Low bandwidth" (or the other way around).

Once you have played a few tracks, you can then change the setting back again.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

This solution has worked for me. Thanks.

Marked as solution

The first solution didn't work, but the second one did. Thanks!!

I just updated my spotify app and now it stops constantly and I have to start it again. Very frustrating. Help!!

Agwin - I've moved your post over here, as I think it's the same issue. Can you try the steps mentioned above for us?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I also tried the solution w/ changing the stream quality....However, now when I'm listening to songs, it stops in between, as if it is having a hard time keeping up so it's buffering.....it's quite a PITA

My spotify is working again, I deleted everything on my iphone  I downloaded the new update - hope everything will work out for the rest of you (: 

Mine only worked if kept on high streaming...I wasn't able to switch back to normal and have it still function properly...

My player will play one song, and then won't play the next, I tried the high streaming and back to low and it still won't work I even tried uninstalling and installing the app again and even reseting my phone but nope nothin I'm at a loss. Spotify I bought u a week ago and im already angry and pist and want to delete u. Not a good thing for a supposedly sweet ass app.

Ohh and the songs glitch and i might go back to iheart radio if this continues because well I shouldn't pay for a faulty app

Switch your streaming to high and leave it there. I can't revert to the lower quality streaming but it works fine on high. I rarely have any trouble buffering or anything even with it on high. I do agree, though, that they should come up with a fix for this. I'd rather use less bandwidth if possible.

Yeah even at high or glitches in the song and won't play the next song, I have to skip the next few songs for it even to play again.

Thank you so much for posting the solution to the problem, I've had it for a few weeks and it was driving me crazy as I couldn't find a fix anywhere.

I changed my stream setting to high and I am now getting continuous playback on album tracks.

Thanks again.

I am still having this issue even with the "fixes". We need a good permanent solution, it used to work awesome for me even on the highest quality and now I can't even play the low setting without it stopping or not playing the next song.

I have this problem on my iPad and have tried all suggestions, but it still doesn't work....it is driving me crazy! Help! It only started recently, before it worked perfectly.

Have you tried changing the stream settings as suggested earlier in this thread?

That was what worked for me and now Spotify on my iPhone is working perfectly.

I did, but it will still only play one song, after I log out and log back in, then it just won't play. I can choose different songs, but nothing happens. I can't move the slider either although I can press pause and play...very frustrating, as being able to stream on my iPad was the main reason to go Premium....

Suggested posts