Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify starts randomly connecting to other people’s devices and starts playing their music

Solved!

My spotify starts randomly connecting to other people’s devices and starts playing their music

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device:

iPhone 6s 

Operating System

(iOS Something, like ten idk)

My Question or Issue

Whenever I start using Spotify on my phone, unless I am in airplane mode, I start listening on someone else’s device. For example, if I start playing a song, about 4 seconds in I’ll get a pop up saying: “Listening on Laura’s iPhone” or “Listening on Jamie’s iPhone”. At this point my music stops playing and the song switches to whatever they are presumably listening to. If I press “listen on this device,” then their music continues playing but on my device. I’ve had this happen to me a couple weeks before, but after changing my password the issue was fixed. However, as of today I have not only changed my password, but also reinstalled the app. Why is**bleep** is still happening!?!?!!! I’m sorry to Laura, Bailey, Thomas, Firefox webplayer, and whoever else’s Spotify I’ve been forced to listen to, but I‘m simply not in the mood for pop r&b right now! To be honest, I just want to listen to some Kraftwerk!!! Also, for some reason some of the playlists they were listening to were saved to my liked playlists which is annoying. I’ve even tried changing my settings to only allow local devices to connect to my device and I tried listening in a private session. Please help me, I’m getting rather **bleep**ing tired of having bland, whitewashed Versions of dance and R&B music literally forced into my ears. Thanks in advance - gabo502

ps: believe I have pictures attached of what my Spotify looks like after a minute of use

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @gabo502,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your account, I highly recommend following all the steps provided in this support article.

I also highly recommend reading this support article regarding how to protect your Spotify account as well. 

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

After the ps I meant to type below lol
Marked as solution

Hi @gabo502,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your account, I highly recommend following all the steps provided in this support article.

I also highly recommend reading this support article regarding how to protect your Spotify account as well. 

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts