Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Discography not displaying all albums?!

New Discography not displaying all albums?!

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone XS, iOS 12.xy (latest) 

My Issue

Since 2 days, the albums view coming from the artist's page was changed. I used to be able to scroll through all albums of a particular artist. Now, the alphabetical list stops after approx 90 items and that it. The albums are still there, I can find them, when I use the search, but they dont show in the list...

See the picture. The list should go down to 01... but there is nothing...

What can I do?

IMG_2091.PNG
12 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Does this happen with one artist only or it's widespread to all of them?

Could you try that with another Spotify account or if possible could you tyr to sign in to another device with similar specs?

Also, can you share this artist profile so I can check it on my end, too 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi there

thank you for the reply. I was out traveling and can just reply now.

I tried the tipps below, but no change. Appearantly, the issue is only on this artist, on other similar ones I could not reproduce the issue of missing albums in the discography view.

Below are the details for this one:

with one artist only or it's widespread to all of them?

--> Just this one. "Die drei ???" is a audio book series.

another Spotify account or another device with similar specs? --> Done. No change

Also, can you share this artist profile so I can check it on my end, too 🙂

--> It's "Die drei ???" a German audio book series with approx. 200 albums.

exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

--> Spotify iOS 8.4.85.963 - iOS 12.1.2 on iPhone XS

try restarting your device? quick clean reinstall of the app.  --> Done. No change

I can confirm this problem additionally for the artists "TKKG" and "Fünf Freunde" on my iPhone 6 with Spotify Premium.

I can confirm this problem, Iphone 7, IOS 12.1.3

Android 9 mobilephone works proberly

Same here.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12.1.3

Spotify 8.4.91.903

Same Problem here. Seems to be a problem since they changed it from „Alben“ to „discography“ and with artists, that have a lot of entries in the discography.

Same problem here, another example is Philip Glass.  I just listened to an early album, but when I “go to artist” from there that album isn’t even in the discography list.

Same here, please fix this issue! Even after updating your iOS App 3 times, this bug is still present...

Same problem here with „Gruselkabinett“ discography and the iPhone App 8.4.93.796 on iPhone 7 and iPhone XS also on My iPad Air with the same App Version 

Looks like they fixed the problem. I can now see all albums again.

Same problem, no dicograhie of any artists on Ipad! tried restart, deleting and downloading app, nothing changed! As this is not the only issue with Spotify I am close to cancel my premium membership!

Same problem here.  Please fix.  

Suggested posts