Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Iphone app crashes when you select all tracks under a folder

New Iphone app crashes when you select all tracks under a folder

Whenever I try to select the all tracks option under a folder that was created the application crashes.  This function worked fine before the last app update.  Now I can only play one playlist at a time.  Here is the info I have:  

My iPad/iPhone model

Eg. iPhone 5

Device’s Operating System

IOS version 7.1

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

more than 200 playlists

there were a bunch synced for offline use but I tried to reinstall the app and now there are only 1 or 2.

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country

Verizon US

My username

13 Replies

If you haven't already, I'd reccomend uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Many people have been having issues with the new app when they upgrade from an old version. Let me know if this helps!

I tried this and it didn't work.

Having the exact same issue, also on iPhone 5S. Constant crash on 'all tracks'. Tried uninstall, re-download, re-install. Did not resolve.

Weird, working fine on my 4S. How many tracks are in that folder?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Some of my 'All Tracks" have 20-30+ sub-playlists within them with hundreds of tracks. So I thought that was the problem. However some have only two sub playlist with 5 or 10 tracks and I get the same problem.
I just reverted back to from 1.0?? to 0.9.3.212. Works fine. Note that I have 50K+ tracks in my All Tracks folder, so it's almost certainly a bug in the new 1.0? app.

Note: I have ver 1.0.0.3251 on my iPad mini and have no problems.

Have you found a solution to this issue?

Nope. I thought it might have to do with having sub folders so I created a new folder at the top of the tree and just put two playlists in it. That crashes too when I select play all tracks. No also tried reinstalling the app again and that didn't work also. What I have to do is put all the tracks I want to listen too into one playlist now to listen to them.

Still no solution to this problem.  It is very annoying.  I like to organize my playlists by album and then place under a folder of that artist.  Can only play one playlist at a time.  Need an updated app.

Indeed. I reverted back to the previous app version and turned off auto updates. Won't update until it's fixed. May be an opportunity to take a look at grooveshark.

How do you go back to a previous version? There is only the most recent version in the App Store.

I have a Mac. I use Time Machine for backup. I also regularly back up my iPhone So I went back a few days in Time Machine and found the old Spotify app. More info here http://gigaom.com/2010/08/25/recover-older-versions-of-iphone-apps-after-updating/

Anyone know if this problem has been resolved?I updated to the latest version but still have the problem. Reverted back to the 0.9 version again. C'mon Spotify. I can't be the only user with this issue.

Anyone know if this problem has been resolved?I updated to the latest version but still have the problem. Reverted back to the 0.9 version again. C'mon Spotify. I can't be the only user with this issue.

Suggested posts