Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Playlists will not appear on mobile app

Solved!

New Playlists will not appear on mobile app

I have an iphone 5s. Ususally whenever i would make a playlist on my computer it would just automatically appear on my mobile app. 

But now when I make a new playlist on my computer, it won't show up on my phone. It's connected via the same wifi, connected through usb as well. I have tried hard resets twice on my iphone and have restarted my computer as well. when i go to my devices page, it only shows the playlists that are on my phone, not the ones I just created. I work in the music industry and I really need these playlists for an upcoming project. So all the help I could get would be great!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Posting for people currently having this issue!
You simply need to go to settings>playback>offline.
In both the phone and desktop switch to "offline mode" for a good 5 to 10 minutes, then switch back to "online" and it should sync them up!
you may need to close each app, but no reinstalling with this solution 👍

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

I've done that as well multiple times. If i have friend send me a playlist I can add it, but otherwise, it just won't update. 

that did the trick! thanks so much! appreciate it!

glad it worked!

Instead of re-installing and all that nonsense, you can simply just wait for it. Spotify syncs all your data over all devices on an interval (idk the exact interval) but it will eventually show up. I've never had to wait longer than 5 minutes. 

Marked as solution

Posting for people currently having this issue!
You simply need to go to settings>playback>offline.
In both the phone and desktop switch to "offline mode" for a good 5 to 10 minutes, then switch back to "online" and it should sync them up!
you may need to close each app, but no reinstalling with this solution 👍

I've tried all of the above (playlists added to my Ipad are not appearing on my Samsung s7 but vice versa is ok). I've uninstalled and reinstalled, switched on and off, switched to offline and back again etc to no avail.

Any suggestions??

Not working. Playlist / new starred tracks not showing up on from a computer to the other using the same credentials.

Any other solution please?

It's really annoying

Thanks

This solved the issue immediately.  Thank you!

I am so sick of spotify!!!! I spent 45 minutes chatting last night about this problem and the itunes lists that I transferred over. This morning I created a new playlist just hoping it would transfer and guess what, it didn't. I am a spin instructor and constanlty need new lists. Terrible customer service!!!!!

Now all of my playlists are gone on my phone. What do I do???

I tried reinstalling the app and that's what happened. My music is all correct on my computer but it didn't update on my phone. I deleted the app and reinstalled and now nothing is there

Hey @henrychris

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Do I need to do this for the application on my computer or my phone?

In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.

Suggested posts