Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Release is ridiculously slow

Solved!

New Release is ridiculously slow

sorry if posted elsewhere, but the search option/google wasn't turning up much.

We're talking 5-7 seconds after pushing next song til it starts playing. During this time, it is still stuck on the previous songs album cover, name, etc. 

While this is happening, I am completely locked out of my phone. 

This has been happening for a week and is the only reason I am paying for premium... so this royally sucks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There will be an update coming soon with bug fixes. (Version 1.1) It shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Going forward after the update, please be patient as the Spotify developers listen to feedback and continue to fix bugs, as well as make improvements.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I am also a Premium member, and have noticed the latest version is annoyingly slow to respond to my touch, especially when first opening, but even when returning after using another app.

As an interaction designer, I have little patience for tapping on a unresponsive screen for 10 seconds until anything works. Fix this please.

Marked as solution

There will be an update coming soon with bug fixes. (Version 1.1) It shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Going forward after the update, please be patient as the Spotify developers listen to feedback and continue to fix bugs, as well as make improvements.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Agree. New releases is very slow, and for the time being it does'nt seem work at all. Others with the same problem?

Hey @461obv welcome to the Spotify Community!

Meet @sellinglennon I think he is having the same issue as you, @461obv you want to take a look at his thread and see whether it is the similar problem?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/New-Releases/td-p/812385

PS you guys should be friends btw!

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts