Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify app version lost spotify connect option for speaker

Solved!

New Spotify app version lost spotify connect option for speaker

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Iphone 6S

Operating System

iOS 13.1.2

My Question or Issue

My wife and I we have the same iphones (iOS versions) but have different versions of Spotify app.

My wife has 8.5.23.644

I have 8.5.25.760 (newer)

The problem is that my app is not recognizing our DENON audio installation as Spotify connect option when playing a song on my app. However my wife still can see the DENON device to use connect.

It seems that the new version is not recognizing my DENON anymore.

When my wife starts spotify connect on her iphone and play song over connect, I can see that in my app but not initiating the play over connect.

Please correct this bug or give me a workaround to install a older version of the app.

Kind regards Tom

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved!

with the new version of the app I can connect again to my denon. Great!

spotify version: 8.5.27.1156

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I also have this issue.
Canada
iPhone XS Max running iOS 13.1.2
Spotify version 8.5.26.893
When I click on available devices my wifi speakers don’t show up.
Specifically my Alexa enabled speakers. This wasn’t an issue until the recent updates from apple and Spotify.

I have the same issue with an Onkyo receiver from an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a iPhone XS using my wife's account (both on IOS 13.1.2):

Spotify connect doesn't show up as a device on my list of "Connect to a device" options.

I deleted the app, restarted the phones, reinstalled it and at the end, the SC device was still missing from my list. Finally I decided to use an old ipad running IOS 12.4.1, updated the spotify app to the latest version and from there I was able to see my Onkyo receiver with Spotify connect (using the same account as my iPhone 11) and started to stream to it, after that the deviced appeared on both iPhones (XS and 11 Pro).

It seems that when you access your spotify music from an iOS 13.X device it will block any receiver based spotify connect device (alexa devices were fine). Once you access your music from an IOS 12.X or maybe older device, it will remove the "block" to your receiver based spotify connect device.

I hope that Spotify will fix this IOS13.X bug soon.

Marked as solution

Solved!

with the new version of the app I can connect again to my denon. Great!

spotify version: 8.5.27.1156

using IOS, the option of choosing Spotify Connect or Google Cast often disappears (no 3 dots).

But if I then pick up my Android phone and open Spotify from that, the options are there.

Suggested posts