Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Update - Can't see how many songs in each playlist

New Update - Can't see how many songs in each playlist

The new update is terrible and also I can now no longer see how many songs I have in each of the playlists I have created. Is there a hidden option I am missing to find them. Or is it gone for good?  

Why do you guys think you know what we want. You have got it wrong 3/4 updates.

7 Replies

Hey @scalv3rt and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Pretty sure Spotify mistakenly did this. They better bring it back so I see when I'm hitting my 9,999 limit. The heck is up with you, spotify? Apple is beating you and your F'ing over your customers!

This didn't even answer the question. Number of songs in a playlist used to be shown with the playlist name and now its not. It isn't shown anywhere. 

Is this just a minor over site that'll be fixed? Is it gone for good? (If the latter, wth.) 

I have a temporary fix when you go to add a new song to a playlist on your phone. The Number of songs will appear as they did before the update (but only when you want to add a song to a playlist). And what I do is I add all the songs together and either store the number in notes or on the calculator.

When I add a song I've Shazammed it asks me what playlist I want it added to and then the song count shows up. 

It's June 2020 and Spotify still don't know how to show the songs count for each playlist. It's really sad. How much more months will take to fix that bug?

I don't think they plan on fixing it sadly... what's even worse is every single update that is supposed to make the site "better and better" with each one only makes the site worse and worse. 😕 I'm at a loss as to why they don't see that. Track counts on playlists was one of the most basic and helpful features you can Possibly have on a site like this... Not one single person ever had a problem with it but they got rid of it.

Suggested posts