Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Update Deleted Saved/Faved Songs

New Update Deleted Saved/Faved Songs

On the old Spotify had roughly 5,200 saved songs. Today when the new update for Spotify was released, I only have near 2,100 songs. More than half of my songs were deleted/unsaved. Why is that? What happened? Additionally this new update is confusing. It confusing because you can no longer search for songs in your song library/favorite songs. Also, the album catalog is no longer in alphabetical order. I miss the old Spotify. The old Spotify was never confusing. Please bring back the old Spotify qualities.

11 Replies

Hey @arielard13,

Spotify has reimagined and redesigned the app on mobile. If you previously used Spotify Free on mobile, your app might now look and function a little differently.

Any songs, playlists, artists, albums, and podcasts you saved before the app was updated can still be found in Your Library.

Note: Songs you saved are now in your Favorites playlists.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I lost most of my songs that WERE in my “Your Library”

The last two updates for the app on iOS has deleted most of my playlists and that of the other two users of my premium account. It happened last week and again this week. I know it’s easy to restore playlist but surely this shouldn’t happen with an update? 

@scotty8016,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Hey @arielard13,

Do you have any issues seeing the saved music in your library on a different device?

MaximSpotify Star

I had the exact same thing happen with this update. While my songs all appear when on a computer, on my phone over half of them are gone. When I go to specific albums it says they're favorited and in the favorites playlists but whole albums are not present in that playlist at all, and won't play on shuffle. It's impossible t oview saved music on mobile at all, and is rather absurd. 

Maxim - 

Sorry, but this is not an accurate statement.

All of your library songs do not show up on the Favorites playlist.

I am experiencing this same issue in the fact that the desktop version has a Songs section with all of my songs i have liked, yet my iphone shows only a fraction of those songs in the Favorites playlist.

I have created my own thread on this, but there are others that have said the same thing.

I have this exact problem. I was told that all my “saved” songs would be in my “favourite” songs list after the update, but they weren’t. I messaged their support account on Twitter and their answer was that “Currently, only the most recently saved songs will show in your Favorite Songs playlist”. So to the best of my knowledge, there's no way to find all the songs you saved that didn’t make Spotify’s “most recently saved” cut. When I questioned them on that, I was told that “We don't have any info on this right now. The changes should give everyone a better listening experience”. I have no idea why they decided that they could make the call on what songs we wanted saved better than we could.

Hey @kmacc.

Don't worry! You can still find your saved albums and playlists under the Your Library tab. If you save songs individually, they will appear in your 'Favorite Songs' Playlist.

Currently, it may be displaying only your recently-saved music in the tab, but rest assured, the rest of your saved music hasn't been removed despite not being visible there.

Also, if you save an album or let us know you like an artist, you can find them in the Artists and Albums tabs respectively.

We hope this clears things up.

Jack - 

This still does not solve the problem that the songs are gone.

Yes, you can stll see your albums, but you cannot shuffle all of the albums.  so you can only play one album at a time.

Also, the artist page does not work the same way as in the desktop app.  On my phone, the artists did not come over and it says i have none.  If i add an artist, it does not take the songs from my library, it creates a new Spotify playlist of that artist.  I want to be able to play the artists I have from the songs I have chosen.  Not what Spotify thinks I am going to like.

This new phone app is terrible.  It is making the user listen to music the way Spotify wants you to listen.  Not how I want to listen.

So where can I find all the individual songs I’ve saved? The songs which aren’t visible in my Favourites?

Suggested posts