Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Update is Terrible

New Update is Terrible

The new layout for iOS is terrible, t e r r i b l e. I’m thinking about just using soundcloud if they don’t change it because it looks so bad. Why why why would they downgrade it so bad. First of all, it looks terrible, second, I lost a ton of features, third, I can’t even see the songs that are on my playlist. The new update ruined the app, please for the love of god change it back.

30 Replies

Nothing changed. What are you talking about? What phone are you using? If it’s an old device then upgrade. I’ve been trying to find new features each update and it’s been the same on my iPhone 10 since last year

I know this is a little late but you can find old versions online. Just Google Spotify APK and look through the version history. 

Apk’s are for android

Very baaaad version! Want back to old one

Spotify has removed features that were previously present in its free version. I am not going to pay just to have these features reinstated for only as long as I keep up the ransom payments.

Here's a list of all the features that Spotify removed from their update: https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/8ldrnr/the_new_update_is_**bleep**ing_awful/

Among other things, it lists:

• A whole tab dedicated to premium, right where the library used to be
  • "Currently playing" screen has been nuked. Grayed album covers, obnoxious lack of a tap-to-rise button like there used to be, and Behind the Lyrics is just gone.
  • Multiple design mistakes, such as far too much space everywhere, blue coloration in the shuffle option that is super tacky, and the "Create" button being so huge
  • User issues. Some users have had their pages wiped entirely by this update. Finding individual songs is much, much harder without a filter option. The length of playlists (both in terms of song count and total time of all songs) is gone.
  • "Radio" is just completely gone. Why? So that "Premium" could have a full page.

This is just a sampling of all the issues listed on the post above.

It’s callled premium for a reason, you’re listing the reasons but calling them problems

have you considered: i cannot afford premium

Have you considered these are business decisions? There are other platforms that provide what you’re looking for also

The things complained about arent non premium issues. You have an older version of spotify so its easy for you to not realize the problem and just say we should get premium.
So many KEY features lost and nowhere to be found. Clicking on an artists page doesnt even give you all their songs anymore, gives a **bleep**ed up lil area to click on so you can listen to PREVIEWS of songs. Not even the full ones. When im listening on PC and i wanna use my phone to switch song or disable or enable shuffle, i cant. I can only scroll through my playlists (not even search) and I cant enable/disable shuffle.
Im a free user cuz I dont have the income to pay for premium, but that doesnt mean key features should be taken away. Im already half way switched to Soundcloud cuz it doesnt have nearly as much bs as spotify right now.

I have an older version? I’m on Beta

TL;DR the old version of spotify free on mobile was usable,  but now it isnt

Suggested posts