New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Re: New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@e4rlys @Koniboi 

You can now sort the playlists view by custom order. First tap on the playlists filter and then tap on the sort options and change it to "custom order".

customplaylistorder.png

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

[Mobile][Your Library] premium mobile library

cannedcondiment
Visitor

Recently, the mobile library has changed. Instead of being sorted by playlists, albums, and artists, everything is one big jumbled mess and i have to filter what i want to see to even be able to find what I'm looking for. 

The three category system was MUCH more efficient and user-friendly. I can't see why you made the change, and hope that you will be reverting back soon.

Notyourmama
Casual Listener
I am missing the option to QUICKLY See new downloaded, new podcast episodes in chronilogical order. I really don't care, when I started following the Podcast. I want to see IF there is a new episode and then in a second find out if I have listened to it, downloaded it or not. Moreover, when I Mark the Podcast Episode as completed, it should disappear from the "my episodes" (if you really need to have this Tab). I dislike it in general and I am wihshing nothing more than the old UX with Podcast, artists and albums CLEARLY seperated. Filterung is no fun and make me click triple and the whole experience is super frustrating. Also, I dislike that I wasn't asked to be part of this beta test at all. Super bad customer interaction.

edrsicollrex
Casual Listener

Mixed feelings on this update...

I love seeing my listening history and It gets me to podcasts in fewer clicks.

That said, it also disrupts an essential workflow for me. I like to proactivity pick & download podcast episodes I want to listen to. In the "old" library, it was very helpful to see all the episodes I downloaded in one list.

With the new library, I have to go show-by-show to find the ones I downloaded. If I downloaded an episode from a show I don't subscribe to, I have no way of finding it.

Recent iOS UI update 4/1/21

ryan1111
Visitor

I went to listen to something on Spotify and the UI for the Your Library section changed for the worse. 

I don't like that the default is to now mix together everything and then you toggle "Playlists" or "Podcasts and Shows" in order to separate them. It was better when it just said "Music" and "Podcasts" options at the top and they were completely separate. 

If I click on "Podcasts and Shows" the podcasts are all out of order, and the sorting mechanism sorts by "Recently played" (not sure what the point of that is) and "Recently added" (again not sure the point.) Maybe these are useful and I just have no idea why, but I want podcasts to just be sorted by which podcast has most recently released an episode. You can get to this by clicking on "New episodes" but this also has a section for episodes I am in the middle of, which is useful, but I don't know why it's under "New episodes." It should be moved somewhere else.

Good features - blue dot that shows a show has a new episode from the "Home" tab, and the progress bar that shows how far you are into the episode.

TLDR - just switch it back to "Music" and "Podcasts" and under the "Podcasts" tab just sort it by shows that have most recently released episodes.

brianrohner
Casual Listener

You claim one of the sorting options is “custom order” but all that I get shown is recently played, recently added, alphabetical, and by creator. How do I get custom order?? I absolutely hate this new interface

brianrohner
Casual Listener
How did you get custom order? Or did it just appear for you one day? Mine doesn’t give me that option

brianrohner
Casual Listener
I’m having the same issue and it’s incredibly infuriating. Not sure how other people have that option and others don’t...

[Mobile][Your Library] Return To Previous Mobile App Library Layout

ERFox50
Visitor

I DESPISE the new Library organization. Being able to easily toggle from Music to Podcasts was a great experience. Within Podcasts, the fact that shows are no longer ordered by added most recent episode is REALLY frustrating and is already making me listen FEWER minutes per day.

elexa

i hate it

SUGGESTED POSTS