New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Re: New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

jarvo91

Completely agree.

Just cancelled my subsciption after nearly 2 hours on support chat trying to get reverted back to the old UI. Terrible from Spotify completely breaks how I use podcasts on the app!

[Android][Podcasts] Get Rid of "My Episodes" Playlist

whatsthepoint
Casual Listener

"My Episodes" is a useless playlist that automatically appears without any mechanism to disable, and it is beginning to infuriate me. When I download a podcast episode, it automatically gets added to this list - this is useless because I can find my downloaded episodes in the "Downloads" tab and/or create a playlist for any podcast episodes I want to save. After I've listened to an episode, it remains in the "My Episodes" list. After I've deleted a download, it remains in the "My Episodes" list. The only way to get rid of this playlist I never asked for and have no use for is to individually delete each entry. 

Please get rid of this feature, or at least allow users to disable it. I can manage my downloads and playlists on my own. Spotify has introduced a solution without a problem, which has just become a problem itself. 

Re: [Android][Podcasts] Get Rid of "My Episodes" Playlist

saucygilbert
Casual Listener

I know, this is so annoying. Not sure why anyone would think that a permanent fix on people’s screens that 90% of people don’t need and isn’t able to be removed was a good idea.

Edit: Okay just realized you can slide it to the side and unpin it, but auto pinning it is still annoying since obviously some people don’t pin stuff and didn’t know how to undo it.

Jonera
Music Fan

I got the new UI there are 3 weeks ago, really like it! I'd like to share feedback here. While I was in a playlist, when I clicked to download it and came back to my library, I got that glitch over the iOS status bar.

spotify_glitch.jpg

whatsthepoint
Casual Listener

Update: it's gotten WORSE. Now when I remove an episode from the "My Episodes" playlist, it automatically un-downloads the episode! 

(On the Episodes tab, when I select the "down arrow" icon to download, the "plus sign" icon automatically turns into a green checkmark to indicate the episode has also been added to "Your Episodes." If I select the green checkmark, the "Add to Playlist" dialogue appears, and if I select "Your Episodes," I get a warning: "Remove this episode? You won't be able to play this offline. [Remove or Cancel]" In order to remove from the playlist but keep the file downloaded, I have to navigate to the playlist itself to remove....)

Stop the madness! Get rid of the automatic add feature OR get rid of the "Downloads" tab! Spotify needs to pick a single file storage / navigation system and stick with it. 

lucasprieto
Casual Listener

I dont like the change.

I always had free control over the organization of my Library, putting the ones I hear the most in the first; the ones I like, but I hear little, for the end, others I play for the end to find from the bottom up. In short I have a way to quickly find the various albums and playlists I own.

In this new update I can only choose the order that YOU want, not the order I want. 

Keep it the new changes but add the option of the client to organize the library itself.

robdhoffman
Casual Listener

i get that they should keep downloads and "my episodes" separate, but what they REALLY need to do is make podcast management more dynamic. you cant even organize your shows by genre. you cant even make a playlist that appears in the podcast section. for all the money they spend on the ringer and joe rogan, they really need to invest in the UX for podcasters

asy1mpo
Not a fan of this new Your Library "view". I use Spotify to listen to podcasts. I am behind on listening to podcast episodes so have lots unplayed or partly played. But some are now NOT listed under the New Episodes section and under Unplayed. The problem seems to be if I have listened to most recent episode for a podcast, it does not show other ones I have not listened to

ssandie1
Casual Listener
  • Exactly.  Completely unnecessary feature.  Keep it simple, Spotify.

Re: New Your Library?? test (iOS & Android)

Crosscut
Casual Listener

I did not ask any questions about my spotify library !!

SUGGESTED POSTS