New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Re: New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Maryssa1994
Casual Listener
How can I opt out of this test?

Maryssa1994
Casual Listener
Lucky!! I’ve been trying to get my custom order back for over a week, I’m so jealous!

ssandie1
Casual Listener
Podcast UX is worse. Sorting new episodes and accessing downloads is harder. Very frustrating for a heavy podcast user.

Old menu was restored today YES !! So glad to have it back. Separate music and podcast menus are key. Clean and easy to use.

Re: Your Library Podcast Layout

dsmith750
Casual Listener

I posted on this thread earlier with complaints and today I noticed my UI has been changed back to the old layout, thank you! Hoping other folks here have had a similar change, but if not shout it out and get reverted like me. 

Re: Your Library Podcast Layout

JohnsFontbook
Casual Listener

Same! I’m glad to see that they listened and I’m even more glad to have a functioning and intuitive interface back for the podcast section!!

Inudesu
Music Fan

I guess the test is over. Glad to not have to keep logging out and back in to make Spotify workable. Hopefully, this particular update will head back to the drawing board instead getting rolled out. Turned off automatic updates just in case. It'd be a shame to miss an update that I'd want, but this way maybe I can avoid the ones I don't want.

Any inside information about overall test vibes? How did the rock stars respond? What are the odds that some version of this really happens more permanently?

knwr
Casual Listener

I would just like to say that the UI change was a huge improvement over the feature-lacking "podcast" update from 2019. I actually significantly lowered my use after that update since the 'recently played' section was reduced to a few artists rather than the previous 30 (mixed albums/artists layout). 

Having everything in one list was great for quickly keeping track of my usage, and the bubble categories were very intuitive. I don't use this app for podcasts, but I agree with the other user's mention of podcasts mixed with music being a problem. I didn't experience any bugs, so I didn't experience the problems others reported.

Hopefully this gets cleaned up and rolled out as an official version. Or at the very least an .apk of this UI. Until then I guess I'll go back to April 2019 edition with no release date info. Can't have it all.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Thanks everyone for posting your feedback so far! It'll help the team at Spotify know how the test is going and what everyone is thinking. I won't be able to answer every question about the test but I will be able to help with questions about using the new library.

The test is still ongoing and it has not ended. Part of testing a feature is testing different groups of people. In the support article it mentions you may get a new feature to test temporarily. To find out more info about Spotify feature testing you can read this help article.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Maryssa1994 

How do I sort my playlists by custom order?

To sort your playlists by custom order, first tap on the playlists filter and then tap on the sort options and change it to "custom order".

customplaylistorder.png

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ssandie1
Casual Listener
Great that Spotify is testing new UIs but the podcast experience was a huge downgrade in this iteration.
SUGGESTED POSTS