New iOS update June 2019

Re: New iOS update June 2019

npassaro0731
Casual Listener

Your saved songs should now appear in a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. It should have a purple background with a white heart as the playlist's picture. 

WE DON'T WANT A "LIKED SONGS" PLAYLIST! We want a songs tab that includes EVERY. SINGLE. SONG. IN. OUR. LIBRARY. Whether the songs came from "Liked Songs", "Liked From Radio", or even if we liked an entire album, there must be a songs tab that contains literally 100% of the songs in our entire library from all sources and means by which we could add said songs, albums, artists, etc. Why did you think it would be a good idea to treat individually liked tracks as this single monolithic entity? When I like the Jar of Flies album by Alice In Chains, that means I like EVERY **bleep**ING SONG ON THE ALBUM. So put those songs in the albums section, but ALSO put the in a Songs tab. The issue is that you're taking all of these things that we don't want separated and separating them and moving them in ways where we can't navigate them all in a single, easily sortable space.

The aesthetic of this is fine. It's the fact that you have only the Playlists, Artists, and Albums tabs under music, and none of them work the way a LIBRARY is supposed to work. Go back to the old Library, and just **bleep**ing add the nice big artist pictures if that's what you want so badly.

Library
|==>Music
        |==> Artists (Tapping an artist leads to all tracks from that artist which has been saved to my library, including all tracks from saved albums, sorted as I desire)
        |== Albums (Includes fully saved and not fully saved albums. If I like Jar of Flies, it appears here, but if I only like even just one song from that album, the album appears here. tapping the album only reveals songs from the album that I've saved to my library)
        |== Songs (EVERY SONG IN MY ENTIRE LIBRARY. This will include songs from fully saved albums, as well as individually saved songs, and songs liked from radio, and literally every song that is in my library in any way, shape, or form)

|==> Genres (All tracks from that genre which have been saved to my library)

Do whatever you want with podcasts, but it would be wise to follow the same idea, being Shows, Seasons, Episodes, and Topics to replace Artists, Albums, Songs, and Genres.

I can't belive I have to explain what a library is to you stupid **bleep**s. If I ever see a resume with "Spotify" on it it goes in the trash because you defend shitty, user-hostile changes to the bitter end.

Garden53

All I'm asking for is that it shows the number of songs on my playlist, same reason, I started to order certain stuff by amount of songs, can't anymore. PLEASE.

Mikehall1970
Casual Listener

It’s absolutely terrible. Plus I see the idea came from a user in 2014 and took 5 years to implement. And to be honest, I want to cancel and try another service.

Pandastubs84

I’ve been a Spotify member just as long as you and I hate the new look equally!! They’ve taken a big leap backwards. 

GrumpyBear
Casual Listener

Is there a way to do this on android? Because the filter button doesn't work. 

Mikehall1970
Casual Listener

So, today, I did what I said I would do. After nearly a decade of Spotify as a Premium customer, I quit. I am currently moving all my stuff to Tidal and that will be that once it's done. All that over the lousiest UI update I've ever been put through on any platform.

So long Spotify.

Highlighted

LexBud
Regular

Very elegantly explains my issue with this. 

I'm a library user myself, I enjoy listening through the songs I like from one artist at work, on the desktop app, so the new update is killing me. 

Ironically, I recently switched from Amazon Music, because whilst Amazon did do the above, it had other features I disliked, which (the then for me 'free') Spotify did not. 

Thankfully, got 3 months for £1, so at least if I have to switch back to Amazon Music or try Apple Music, I won't be out of pocket, because I do not see myself sticking around if this continues!

new update

Amandadunn1702

I used to LOVE Spotify. But not, it’s all messed up! When I like songs to have them downloaded, I can longer even access them the way I want to! They don’t even go into the likes list even if I like them and it’s so much more annoying and hard to find what I want!

LexBud
Regular

This \/

Library
|==>Music
        |==> Artists (Tapping an artist leads to all tracks from that artist which has been saved to my library, including all tracks from saved albums, sorted as I desire)
        |== Albums (Includes fully saved and not fully saved albums. If I like Jar of Flies, it appears here, but if I only like even just one song from that album, the album appears here. tapping the album only reveals songs from the album that I've saved to my library)
        |== Songs (EVERY SONG IN MY ENTIRE LIBRARY. This will include songs from fully saved albums, as well as individually saved songs, and songs liked from radio, and literally every song that is in my library in any way, shape, or form)

|==> Genres (All tracks from that genre which have been saved to my library)

Most frustrating thing is this is hardly a revolutionary concept, this is what basically every digital music library (even in the old days when I had to rip music off CDs) was. I hear that Apple Music does this, might go take a gander. 

nn69

This still screws over premium users who take advantage of being able to save songs, albums, etc. I shouldn't have to FOLLOW all of the artists I have saved music from just to view them in alphabetical order. Same with albums... why are only the ones I have saved entirely in alphabetical order? There are hundreds of albums that I only listen to partially but now I can't access them in an easy list. Been using Spotify for years but seriously considering leaving for Apple Music because this update is so awful

SUGGESTED POSTS