Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Solved!

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Hi,

I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why? 

Internet connection 120 Mb

WLAN N router

LAN 1Gbps 

Please Help...

296 Replies

Just reading through this thread again, it seems that the most basic of troubleshooting has yet to have been tried - a clean reinstallation

Bare in mind that after performing this clean reinstallation, any offline playlists you had would need to be resynced.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have tried all the things above: reinstalling, adjusting settings, closing other apps... But nothing works. One thing is clear: the app is buggy. Also the other Spotify for iOS4 app is stuttering. The non-official app Spotible is working great. Not stopping at all. So please Spotify, update your apps!

I can confirm I've done a clean reinstall, and the problem is still there. It seems nielsclaassens is right about the app being buggy.

As a side note, when I search for music the list is very slow to populate, and album art etc takes some time to appear. In comparison, this review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqvS94-ScFM) shows it loading very fast. Perhaps this is connected in some way.

I have experienced some slow album artwork loading (but generally this is while tracks are being synced), but nothing quite like this skipping playback. I'll have an extensive play around and see if I can replicate this at all.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Dear David,

Believe us! Playback stops regularly. Sometimes playback starts again, sometimes not. This has been reported by different premium users and is getting very annoying. Especially when people at Spotify start questioning this issue! 

Fred

I apologise if you feel I was being a bit obnoxious. When troubleshooting, we need to go through the basics first to see if that resolves an issue. If not, then there's always the possibility that something external to the application might also be causing the problem.

Let's try and gather a bit more information here.

Could you guys tell me -

* What device you're using (iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, so on)
* The iOS version you have installed
* The version number of Spotify you are using
* Which country you are based in

Airhorn Enthusiast

iPad 3

iOS 5.1

Spotify v0.5.0.1651.gc221f863 (it then has the following in grey underneath: 0.8.2.899.g0a674c1a)

England

Just to clarify: do you work for Spotify David? Or are you a voluntary forum moderator?

Thanks for asking David.
My details are as above for Richard Wk
I am using virgin media broadband
I have iPad 2

Hello david,

I am using:

• iPhone 4
  • iPad 2
  • All at iOS 5.1
  • Latest version of Spotify
  • From Netherlands

Thanks for your support!

Fred

Hi David, I'm using an iPad 1 OS 5.01 Also: Spotify v0.5.0.1651.gc221f863 (0.8.2.899.g0a674c1a) I'm based in the Netherlands I hope there will be a quick solution. I don't want to postpone my account (or worse) Gr Jeroen

I'm on an iPad 3, and iPhone 4, with 50MB broadband, living in England. I have the latest version of the Spotify apps on both phone and iPad. I've tried deleting the apps and reinstalling. I've tried resetting my broadband. No luck, still pauses mid track. I've got my settings for streaming set to Extreme as I expect the best sound quality given my Premium membership and my fast broadband. Please fix!!!!

50 Mbit, iPad 3, latest ios, latest Spotify app, streaming quality doesn't matter: all qualities stutter... I got an answer from the helpdesk, they suggest to turn back stream quality and after playing few song turn quality streaming up. Doesn't work either. Must be Spotify's server, Spotable also gives stuttering. Oh, I live in Holland.

Also surfing with Safari during Spotify playback seems to trigger stuttering / playback gaps.

Osx app, iphone and ipad buffer problems. 120mb internet Wifi and cable sync issues. No gapless playback on ipad app What about a refund, stuttering music is awful!!!!

I am pleased to say that the problems seem to have stopped for me this morning - nothing I did. Thanks Spotify for sorting it out. Let's hope it stays that way!

Don't get too excited Jrick. Mine played perfectly for three hours before it started dropping out on Saturday. Eventually became unlistenable and I was forced to stop listening as I was getting so angry. I'm constantly on edge listening now even when it's working as I am anticipating the next drop out.

Misery update. I just tried to play zz Top best 5. First four played ok, fifth track stopped and started seven or eight times. I gave up. BTW played music via youtube - NO PROBLEM.. C'mon spotify, admit it then sort it. Premium charge should equal premium service.

I switched off my PC-application. And from that moment it looks OK. This prevents my iPhone to continuously synchronize playlists with my PC (and vica versa). Could this be the cause of the problem?

Same issues here with slow synch, search and buffering.

Virgin 20 mb issues on iPhone 4s and on a bt broadband connection.

Been slow since last update.

Same here. Spotify PLEASE DO SOMETHING About this!! Netherlands, 50 mb, ipad3 latest version.

Suggested posts