Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New iPhone update is rubbish!!!

New iPhone update is rubbish!!!

Change your hideous iPhone app back to the way it was before April 2014 or I will cancel my premium membership. The new user interface looks absolutely horrible. Albums play on shuffle, even when it is not selected. Songs take 15-20 seconds to load and skip/stutter. I have blazing fast internet and never had these issues before this newest update. $9.99 a month plus tax for this garbage? This is absolutely ridiculous. You NEED to listen to your customers. You people should have given us the option to choose a change this radical instead of forcing it upon us. I will be moving on to Beats Music of Rdio instead of your service. Don't be the next Netflix. Do the right thing!!!
6 Replies

I totally concur with that. It's abysmally slow, it freezes, the app closes for no apparent reason, if I tap my screen any harder in frustration I'm likey to put my thumb through it. £9.99 a month? Not next month if this continues.

This update has broken the app. Whenever I go into it it freezes for about 10 seconds before I can do ANYTHING. It's super frustrating and annoying. Guys, this really isn't good enough when I'm paying for the privilege!

I fully concur to this.

Since the update skipping songs (even from offline Playlists) takes up to 20 seconds and when I want to change to another playlist the app constantly crashes. I use Spotify most of the time in the car on an iPhone and since the update the app is nearly useless!

Without an update I have to check out alternatives!

Thankfully I don't have any major issues with the iPhone app since the latest update - but I have definitely noticed a lag when changing songs.

This is most noticable when connected to my car via bluetooth.  The song might change instantly on hitting "Next", but the display can now take ~5 seconds to update with the correct track information.  Prior to the latest update, this was always instantaneous.

You got one point wrong - you DO want to be the next Netflix.  This is an example of a company that does it right.  Spotify used to be that way.  Now it is in danger of becoming Sirius Satellite Radio. God Forbid...

Suggested posts