Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New layout makes everything way more complicated

New layout makes everything way more complicated

I have a premium account on iphone and the app layout changed without me updating it. Now everything is way more complicated.

The artist tab, where I had specific songs saved by that artist is now just the artist's page instead of my own music. So now if I have three songs saved from three different albums there's no way to access it excpet searching for them in my songs playlist one by one, and I can't listen to them just in a row putting my phone down. I specifically curated songs across albums with artists I liked and now there is no way to access that. 

Furthermore, songs and albums are now completely disconnected. Albums that I unsave to make room still remain in my songs playlist. So now I have to manually go through and unsave multitudes of albums song by song. This is horribly frustrating since it was so simple before. 

I WOULD just shuffle my saved albums but there's no way to do that. Not to mention if you save one song from an album, it won't come up in your albums tab, so shuffing your albums wouldn't play all your music anyway. It seems the only way to shuffle your entire collection is through the songs playlist. 

Where I used to be able to just put on an artists and set it and forget it, now I'm constantly searching. For someone who uses Spotify north of 8-9 hours a day I'm deeply disappointed. Please, PLEASE go back to your old layout or fix these issues. 

40 Replies

No, this is not a solution. This is a lame excuse to try and rationalize the new terrible update. EVERYONE HATES IT. CHANGE IT BACK. 

I'm already checking out Tidal, Apple, Amazon...

I can only agree to this post as i primarily used the album list to choose what i want to hear as it showed me the albums for the songs i had saved i really liked that feature.

now it only shows the albums i have choosen all songs for 😞 and the rest has been disconnected and now i only have the option to go back to my songs list go through all my 300 songs to find the one i want and that takes time on a phone

spotify really needs to offer views so you can either group your songs by albums or artists and so on becourse this atm is not useable at all i find my self stopping looking for a song after 1 min and go do something else without hearing music it is simply not worth my time to use 1-3 min to go through my songs list.

The need to bring back the old album functionality or implement views so you can group you songs in the song list and playlists. This was indeed a bad move for spotify.

Finding the same problem as everyone else. I loved Spotify for finding music and saving it to my personal collection and listening to new stuff when I choose. 

This new lay out of following artists and not being able to search my personal collection is a nightmare and unless it's fixed soon will be on the hunt for a new streaming app. Now it's straight garbage

It's sooo irritating to Have the old Spotify taken away from me. It was perfect, practical, easy to use and smooth. And now it's gone! All the music I carefully saved and curated is gone. For a whole month I've been listening to the same playlist I've put together myself, cause that's the only music I'm able to find. Really really annoying! I'll have no option but to leave the app untill they fix that

I also just made an account to agree with this! If they don't fix the interface I will find a different streaming service.

I'm so frustrated with this!  This new layout appeared on my phone before anyone else I knew who had Spotify (I have an iPhone, don't know how it works on Android or whatever).  I had hoped it would go back to the way it was when it was discovered how useless the new format was.  It worked so well before - could save individual songs, download individual songs, delete individual songs.  Now it is so confusing - can I save or delete or download things individually anymore?  I can't **bleep** well figure it out!  Now when an artist releases singles, I can't figure out how to delete them once the whole album's been released.  Or if I don't really like a song on an album that I otherwise love, I have no option to erase it?   Arrrrgh!

Fingers crossed that the Spotify gods read these messages!

This has been going on forever. Unfortunately they seem to be rolling it out further rather than listening to their customer. Ridiculous.

I basically search for every song I want to listen to now unless it was recently liked so I know it's at the top of my "Liked Songs." I have no idea how else you're supposed to quickly access songs, lol. It's *really* weird when searching is the easiest option. There are so many songs I've forgotten I've liked by now...

There was an option on Windows a few OSs ago. Classic view or (the latest weird stuff). I liked the Classic view and don't relish the idea of you changing it about without my say-so. So please offer an optIon I can relate to. And DO NOT change it. Thank you. Oh, and these posts were done in February. I'm posting in November.

Totally agreed. The person who created this whole new design should be fired. Does it look pretty? Yes however all the functions are gone. I no longer can delete specific songs from the albums I have saved in my library. I no longer can save only 1 music in my library. If I do so the album won’t be saved and I’ll have to go to a playlist called “liked songs”. Really? Why does it have to be so confusing? It makes NO SENSE. 

This layout sucks its horrible you cant sort like you use to either please make it an option of the 2 because this sucks Im looking for alternatives

BRING BACK THE CALENDER ICON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

This is how i find new music by browsing through public playlists. Doesnt make any sense why they would take functions away. i cant stand the look of the new update, it appears theyvd dumbed it down for new users

Yeah this layout blows. I got this update 4 months after this thread started. Why am I paying premium to make listening more complicated

Literally created an account JUST to sound off on the "artists" change. Many of us listen to music this way. Why take it away? In my experience as a Spotify customer, all your devs do is remove fun / niche features and continually downgrade the mobile UI.

Hey all,

Thanks for sharing your feedback in the Community! We really appreciate it and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

If you're having difficulties finding stuff with the new Your Library layout, we'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer.

Artists in Your Library should link to a list of Liked Songs by that artist. If you're not seeing them but instead are shown the artist profile, we'd recommend you head over to this thread, add your +VOTE and subscribe to get notified of any updates.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the not-solution. The new layout still sucks.

Yechhhhh= Why do they take a format we are all used to and like and think they are improving???
It is visually dumbed down -(we all hated Netflix for doing this) Forcing us to go down a path we did not choose. Very controlling

Controlling and backward- Let us check a box saying don't update view

Xenia, I get access denied following the link you posted to +VOTE. 
Probably because it’s old and archived?

Suggested posts