Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New phone, premium not working

Solved!

New phone, premium not working

Hi, I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5 and when I tried to install spotify it came up with a message that my 48 hour trial had been activated even though I have had premium for several months before switching phones! Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

1) Have you checked your Subscriptions page to make sure you are still successfully premium?
2) Spotify desktop should say 'Spotify premium' at the top.
3) Try reinstalling Spotify.
4) Make sure you're logging in with the right account; it's very easy to have both facebook and Spotify details!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

1) Have you checked your Subscriptions page to make sure you are still successfully premium?
2) Spotify desktop should say 'Spotify premium' at the top.
3) Try reinstalling Spotify.
4) Make sure you're logging in with the right account; it's very easy to have both facebook and Spotify details!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

That worked, thanks!

hi, I'm having the exact same issue, except none of those troubleshooting tips helped. I uninstalled spotify, I restarted my phone then reinstalled spotify, I made sure my details were correct and still my premium isn't showing up and neither of any of my playlists. I am frustrated 😞

@speakingmanners wrote:

hi, I'm having the exact same issue, except none of those troubleshooting tips helped. I uninstalled spotify, I restarted my phone then reinstalled spotify, I made sure my details were correct and still my premium isn't showing up and neither of any of my playlists. I am frustrated 😞

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account if your playlists are missing too. 

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they will be able to assist you directly. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Trouble logging in on a new phone!!! 

I have recently purchased spotify premium on my iphone. 

However a few weeks after signing up my cell phone was smashed and damaged. 

There  is/ was no way for me to successfully log out of spotify before the damage ensued. 

I have a new device now, and I'm wondering how I can log back in to my account. 

Thanks for the help! 

It's much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Suggested posts