Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New phone, trying to recover "old" saved songs...any ideas?!

Solved!

New phone, trying to recover "old" saved songs...any ideas?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @TZel! Welcome to the community.

If you mean songs that you marked as "Available Offline" on your old phone aren't automagically showing up the same on your new phone, that is normal. Spotify treats every device (phone, tablet, PC/laptop) as a separate device, so you'll need to flip the Available Offline switch on the albums, songs, and playlists you want to sync to your new phone.

A way to make this easy for next time is to add songs you want Available Offline to a playlist specifically for this purpose. They can still exist in other playlists too, of course, but this way you only need to flick the Available Offline switch on a single playlist of songs rather than annoyingly having to go to every album, song, or playlist and flip that switch./

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Could you please elaborate what mean by "old"?

Thanks for the reply! Songs that I had "saved" on Spotify on my previous phone are not showing up...

Marked as solution

Hello @TZel! Welcome to the community.

If you mean songs that you marked as "Available Offline" on your old phone aren't automagically showing up the same on your new phone, that is normal. Spotify treats every device (phone, tablet, PC/laptop) as a separate device, so you'll need to flip the Available Offline switch on the albums, songs, and playlists you want to sync to your new phone.

A way to make this easy for next time is to add songs you want Available Offline to a playlist specifically for this purpose. They can still exist in other playlists too, of course, but this way you only need to flick the Available Offline switch on a single playlist of songs rather than annoyingly having to go to every album, song, or playlist and flip that switch./

Thank you for your help! AND that's so sad--anything I can do to recover them?!

You can recover deleted playlists from your account by visiting the Recover Playlists page in your Spotify account. Otherwise simply tell Spotify what music you'd like to be made available offline on your new phone!

Suggested posts