Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

Solved!

New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

About a month ago I noticed Spotify made a change in the music player for their playlists. It looks different then the player we have in our personal playlists, saved songs, etc. This change makes the Spotify app very difficult and frustrating to use. In the below image, I compared the two side by side. In summery, the biggest issue is that the layout of the album art looks horrible as its stretched way too big/cut off, and the playback controls never stay on the screen (constantly hide). This makes the app very difficult to use, not to mention visually looking trashy.

I've opened a ticket about this with Spotify and they don't seem to understand what I'm talking about and instead sent me on the path of the usual troubleshooting, (reboot device, reinstall the app, etc) The thing is, this change is global. It happens on all of my devices (iPhone and iPad), and is not specific to my account (my friends see this too, and I was able to reproduce it on Spotify's "test account") I haven't seen anyone post about this yet so I figured I would take the lead.

Spotify New UI Issues.png

Spotify, PLEASE GET RID OF THIS NEW UI! The old UI is much more usable and looks so much better!

41 Replies

No, just on some songs. I wish it was on all songs though. I’m using an iPhone 10

Im a priemium user

Suggested posts