New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes. An option to disable the controls hiding would be nice to see but I think the older/current design is a bit dated. Even the new design is only a small step forward but at least it’s something. 

Highlighted

Re: New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

Roadie
How is the current design dated? What needs changed? It's already looks
fine and is very functional. Nothing needs changed.
Highlighted

Music Fan

I love the new UI

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I understand your opinion. You like it the way it is and that’s fine. I think the new UI is more in the way of an immersive experience. Google released a concept for its Play Music service back in 2014/2015 that showed the potential of its Material Design guidelines. The player inherited colors from the currently playing songs artwork and used those colors to change the theme of the player to match.

Google never implemented this design which is too bad, I think their Play Music app now is downright terrible. But I think Spotify could use some of these subtle touches to improve on their UI and set it apart from the competition. All music apps work the same way and for the large part look the same as well.

Tldr; Why not be creative, break the traditional player UI and come up with something fresh and attractive to its users?

Highlighted

What are you talking about

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Care to elaborate? This thread is about the new Spotify UI. That’s what we’re all talking about...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Full-screen 

Highlighted

I also notice the new UI, worst thing is, I can't seem to edit a playlist (I do that even on pre-set playlist of Spotify), or can it be done in some way? Also, I notify the "behind lyrics" is not available anymore... so many changes and I seem to getting less out of the app now

Highlighted

Composer

So.. "behind lyrics" it's more important than a new redesign on app? Oh please.... xD

Highlighted

It’s all opinion, I like the new clean look 

SUGGESTED POSTS