Announcements

New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

Casual Listener

I really want to revert this change. It’s drainging my phone battery a lot faster when I have the app open now, plus at ugly as can be. Spotify should at least give us the option to disable it.

Highlighted

Re: New player UI in some areas?? (Full screen album art/disappearing playback controls)

To each their own. Some may like it, like I do, and some may not, like you (OP). All you ask for is an option to revert to the old UI, and that's fair. I saw the new layout and I liked it, and thought cool, looks much better. I didn't know it does not apply to all playlists, and that's a bummer for me personally, especially when listening to a different playlist and not seeing the new layout; prompting me to look around in the settings to see if there's anything for me to change. Same thing with 'behind the lyrics' thingy, some may like it, but not me, I hated it and was happy to have the option to disable it. 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, you cannot revert this change.
Let me know if you have any question.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hey, a follow up question to here. Couldn't spotify make a selection for those who like the old player UI and for those who like the new player UI, just like add a new feature to the settings list or something? It couldn't be that difficult. They roll out updates for the app occasionally, but I hardly find anything new in the updates. For me personally, I enjoy the new player UI, sad that it's only on selected songs or playlists

Highlighted
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey @Qwerty27_27, thanks for letting me know!

Spotify is testing new features now. Here's some more information about why you might be seeing different features.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my...

To clearify that, a/b testing and install a Spotify beta app are not the same thing.

There is only limited percentage of users who have A/B tests on their accounts. Nevertheless, in this case, I will pass your feedback to the Spotify team.

And you may make a new account to see whether it has the A/B test or not. Then, if you want transfer all the music to new account, you can contact our support team for that.

Hope that helps 🙂

Music for you:
Check out "Intro: Grand Opening" on Spotify now!
spotify:track:1ZUhcJ9EXoyE27Y62TvLWE

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Roadie

It's very apparent that half of people like the new UI and half of people do not. Rather then annoying half of users, why not just make a simple option to let people choose? Then everyone can enjoy the look they prefer and no one goes unhappy!

Highlighted

Do any of you have the new design woth Premium.

Highlighted

Composer

I don't have the new design yet, only this new design on NOW PLAYING. Just play some Spotify playlist like Rap Caviar or mint

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It seems that the new design is only on some selected songs or playlists. For example if you play Mannish Boy - Jimi Hendrix then it works also with Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man

Still would love for Spotify to give us the whole option to use the newer player more frequently on all songs 🙂

Highlighted

Composer

exactly Miika-William

SUGGESTED POSTS