Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New terrible update 2019 removes personal playlist features from main interface

New terrible update 2019 removes personal playlist features from main interface

Dear Spotify,

If I’ve made my own friggin playlist I don’t need or want favorite/not interested buttons in my interface!!  I do want the shuffle and queue in the main interface.  Also moving the options buttons to the top of the screen is annoying.  Please give me the option to use the normal interface or get rid of this because it’s dumb.  It was bad enough that the queue button dissappeared when this completely unnecessary video clips play.  DO NOT TRY to be overly intuitive.  There’s a balance to this and you had it down.  Don’t f with it.  The way your app is setup is the main reason I stick with you instead of Apple Music and everyone I know who does the same, has the same reasoning.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

IPhone X

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

36 Replies

Hey @JaredSpencr, welcome to the Community.
Hope you’re doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Currently to go to the queue or use repeat/shuffle buttons you need to tap the … top right corner.

I’d recommend supporting this idea if you don’t like this change to Spotify.

About the short videos which are uploaded by artists themselves, go to Spotify Settings. Inside Playback find Canvas and turn it off.

If you have any other suggsetion and would like something else changed about Spotify you can do that in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hope it helps 🙂

This update sucks so much i mean they actually just downgraded their own app. 

You hit the nail on the head. Me and my friends are giving them a week before we jump ship. I have never seen an app just sabotage their own demise like this one will do. You can no longer search by artists, or genre. You no longer have the alphabet to qucik scroll and jump to when choosing an artist or song. If the update is not fixed by this Thursday the 14th of March, me and several of my friends and family are switching platforms and going to apple. I think spotify has a chance of doing great harm to their customer fan base if they do not switch back.

Hello there at Spotify,

please make smtg like personal playlist available again.

Also please make it possible again to browse the downloaded songs.

As we are on Premium Family it would be a loss of 3 customers if
we cancel the subscription because of this silly update...

polylux0775

Not enjoying this update. It was perfect before...

agreed the recent update is a downgrade to premium users, horrible ideas and less user friendly gimmie my Spotify freedom that I paid for

Totally agree.

This does not do what I want, it was perfect before, un-useable now!

Not thought out, bad bad bad!!!

Chris A.

This update absolutely SUCKS.  One of the most basic features everyone loved was being able to go to your artist list (with the alphabetized quick scroll option on the right), scroll down to the artist you want to listen to, then listen to the songs you downloaded.  Now......for whatever reason......spotify has taken that away.  Terrible, dumb change.  I will definitely switch to Apple Music if this doesnt get reverted.  0/10 update, Spotify. 

How can we comeback to the oldest version? I really like to listen my music by artists but, I don't want to be connected on my data when I am in my car. 

Your new update won't allow this and it's a HIGE downgrade. I am premium and I want my old features back!

Thanks

Lol I swear they keep making it worse and worse every week. Seriously what the f are you doing spotify? Just revert the UI back how it was 2 months ago and don't fkn touch it again.

Can't believe how bad Spotify now is. Everything is back to front.

Waiting for a response but nothing!

What are they playing at?

...Have they been Hacked?

...Is it April 1st already??

Also bring back being able to see all artists and albums to even songs you like!! I dont want a separate 'liked songs' playlist.

Show me only the songs I like in my artists.

If I want to see other tracks I press the top left button and press 'view artist' 

I really miss this 

So... did you jump ship?

Nah still waiting, debating if I should 

only testing should be fixed soon if not already

All their recent updates keep making the app more difficult and inconvenient to use when it was working so well. Sad I’ll probably be switching to Apple Music of this continues. 

Already using Apple Music and Amazon hopefully Spotify will pull their head out of their **bleep** and realize bad decisions make people leave

Ref. Old version returning? Is this the official word? I was told there was
no timescale on looking at our reviews of the new poor U/I layout.

Seems you have posted a lot in the last few days on various topics, so you
may be a Spotify Forum Moderator?.... I've just started a trial with a
certain rival but will cancel it if you are saying the old artist layout is
officially at last returning.

Great news if this is official and true!

Honestly all I want is my saved song playlist back. I lost half my music when they updated because I saved it instead of liking it from radio. Ffs

Suggested posts