Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New version 06/18/19

New version 06/18/19

Hi!

since today Spotify has a new version, which does not filter the artists in alphabetical order anymore.

also there was the the feature „songs“ where you could shuffle all of your downloaded songs.

i really enjoyed that and i don’t understand why artists are not listed correctly.

everything was perfect...why change it to the inferior windows desktop version?

8 Replies

Hey there @Lupinawoolf,

thanks for posting !

What you're describing as you already understand is the new Spotify UI.

In order to have a better understanding on how is works, i recommend checking out this help page.

However, you can always add your +VOTE and comment on this idea, asking to bring back the old UI.

Hope this helps 🙂

This update is infuriating. I just want to see the music that I have downloaded, listed by artist, in alphabetical order. Its so ridiculous that they took this away.

Hello,

Though I can't help with the artists issue, I believe I can with the missing "songs"! So Songs has been renamed to "Liked Songs." It is found under Your Library (at the bottom) > Music > Playlists. It should be the first playlist in the playlists tab. The cover art is a blue/purple gradient with a white heart in the middle. Hope this helps! 

who listens to songs in alphabetical order? are you a psycho?

Thanks!!
Will try this out!!!

Hi Lupina, 

I think I figured out your artist issue as well. If you're in the artists tab, tap the filters button (beside the search field). Tap "Artists." This should sort your artists in alphabetical order! Let me know if you have any other issues, I might be able to help.

Wow, you are clearly not understanding what I am saying. I don't follow artists. I simply download music, which, logically, should put it in "my library" - well now I have to follow all the artists that I have downloaded music from if I want it to show up. Stop it with this "Saved songs" playlist - I don't want to hear it. I don't want to go through every single one of my thousands of songs to find something. It isn't that hard, the flow should always be artist > album > song. And only the songs you have saved should show up under that album when it's downloaded.

Hi Tim,

I was replying to someone else before. Tapping the download button will no longer save music to your Liked Songs. You'll have to go to ... > like all songs in an album to save  it, for example. Hope this helps! 

Suggested posts