Announcements

New version 1.x is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Solved!

Re: Version 1.0.0.3251 is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Regular

Now when i got Your Music the ipod touch 4g dont lag so much and is allmost like before.

Don't know what changed.

Regular
Hey guys I just wanna ask again has anyone gotten your music and had the problem continue? It seems to me that since the new update is designed around your music it doesn't handle having the old system in place... Again I could be wrong but I haven't heard different from anyone with your music, if so it's kinda irresponsible of spotify to do these staggered activations of it.

Music Fan
They responded to my premium support email saying they know about the problem and are working on a fix.

Casual Listener

Having the same problems. I usually listen with a pair of Jaybird BlueBuds X headphones that connect via bluetooth; transmitting commands like skipping or pause can often take up to 10 seconds. Sometimes, the headphones give me the "command transmitted" bing sound, and the song just keeps playing in the background for a couple seconds. As a paying Premium customer, I find this very annoying, since mobile usage is the eminent reason why I subscribed. Please fix asap. I'm on an iPhone 4S.

Regular

@spotify_user_48 wrote:
They responded to my premium support email saying they know about the problem and are working on a fix.

How about just rolling back to the "beta" days of 0.xxx when the app worked great!

I'm tired of bad performance and having to hard reboot my phone and reinstall constantly to even get the app to start up.

Hi. Version 1.0.0.3251 is really bad! I'm getting same problems as everyone else. Just so slow. Please fix this ASAP or just put the old version back on the store. That worked fine!

Regular

Ditto here - client is practically unusable.

It's barely possible to cajole it into starting to play a playlist, and if you don't touch it it seems to be ok - unless it crashes or randomly stops for no reason, of course.

Forward / back buttons seem to take up to 30s to respond (if they do at all), though in one case it actually played an entire song and *then* skipped forward...

Cover art often takes maybe 10s to load.

If this is due to fancy multithreaded rendering or similar, a "lite" setting would be nice - though is seems ppl on iphone 5s are having the same issue, so maybe just a bug I guess.

device: iphone 4
ios version: 6.1.3
spotify version: 1.0.0.3251

user-removed
Not applicable

The lack of communication of official representatives from Spotify is very disappointing. I'm having performance issues, too. And I also miss the features, others are complaining about in this forums. I really think about cancelling my premium subscription. After all, I decided in favor of Spotify because of their intuitive and performant application(s).

Music Fan

I just wonder *WHY* (as I really believe now that this problem affects EVERY paying user - who has sync'd some offline playlists) they just do not roll back the version in appstore?

I mean it cannot be that hard check-outing the last working version, apologize and push it to the AppStore?

just because someone is unique, it doesn't mean he's useful...

Casual Listener

@robled69 wrote:

Just got an answer from spotify support.

They have a team locking after this issue.

I really hope they can have it solved soon.

Looks like the release last night (9th April) has really helped. My two devices are considerably better. No 5-10 second delay between songs, I can stop\start\pause tracks without it thinking forver about it - much better.

SUGGESTED POSTS